Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flag discontinued products

Quote Originally Posted by fahadali View Post
    Awesome!! This is good! It is working fine on 1.5.3. It seems like Discontinued image is placed with status image. I managed to create separate column for Discontinued on dataTableHeadingContent but I cant put the discontinued image on separate column. Attachment 15603
    To move the flags into their own column, will need to move the if/else pair down below the first Then before the if add something like:This will place the new indicator column in it's own column, but currently there is no indicator for a discontinued category, so the new heading will not have any data beneath it when looking at the categories only or I presume that no data would be presented for a category that was presented with product as well... If such discontinued indicators are desired, then the table should be modified to indicate what type of data is being tracked, either a category or a product, though ideally it seems in database structure that should probably be captured by an additional table instead of an indicator of the type of product... (Normalization process).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Flag discontinued products

Awesome! Everything is working perfectly!! I separated table row and it did the trick.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	products_discontinued.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	15609
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	category_discontinued.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	15610

Plugin Contributions

Hey mc12345678, can you help me with other post? https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Admin-backend

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    To move the flags into their own column, will need to move the if/else pair down below the first Then before the if add something like:This will place the new indicator column in it's own column, but currently there is no indicator for a discontinued category, so the new heading will not have any data beneath it when looking at the categories only or I presume that no data would be presented for a category that was presented with product as well... If such discontinued indicators are desired, then the table should be modified to indicate what type of data is being tracked, either a category or a product, though ideally it seems in database structure that should probably be captured by an additional table instead of an indicator of the type of product... (Normalization process).
    Weird, my code got stripped from the above post. (Apparently I didn't wrap an html code properly). Let me try again (for those that need just a little additional code support):

To move the flags into their own column, will need to move the if/else pair down below the first
    Code:
    </div>
    Then before the if add something like:
    Code:
    ?>
    <div width="50" align="left">
    <?php
    This will place the new indicator column in it's own column, but currently there is no indicator for a discontinued category, so the new heading will not have any data beneath it when looking at the categories only or I presume that no data would be presented for a category that was presented with product as well... If such discontinued indicators are desired, then the database table should be modified to indicate what type of data is being tracked, either a category or a product, though ideally it seems in database structure that should probably be captured by an additional table instead of an indicator of the type of product... (Normalization process).

And then need to end the div after the end of the if/else statement with
    Code:
    ?>
    </div>
    <?php
    BTW, the original placement was chosen so that it would not significantly affect the indicator for linked product (not all product is linked and I didn't want the indicator to slide left/right when a linked product was not/was present) also that I didn't go through the visualization process to see how the screen would be affected by various methods of display and other options on the row... Further the fact that the column is identified as "status" it seemed sufficient to be listed there, though perhaps a different image could be used instead of the existing green/red or in this case green/yellow as has been chosen. Anyways, it's ZC, you can do a lot of what you want minimal impact on the rest of the system. :)

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to do something more with discontinued products. I don't want it to turn up at the product listing. But still show by an external link ( like google search)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Geert R View Post
    Is it possible to do something more with discontinued products. I don't want it to turn up at the product listing. But still show by an external link ( like google search)
    The table provided by the above code could be used to accomplish the described action. I know there is at least one thread or plugin out there that accomplishes the same task but from the stand point of the product being disabled... Ie. Product is accessible by direct link but does not appear in catalog side lists...

The implementation would be similar but would left join the above table and depending on how the table was populated (product in it is discontinued or still in stock) then the product if found in the table would be omitted or included, respectively, from the listing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The table provided by the above code could be used to accomplish the described action. I know there is at least one thread or plugin out there that accomplishes the same task but from the stand point of the product being disabled... Ie. Product is accessible by direct link but does not appear in catalog side lists...

The implementation would be similar but would left join the above table and depending on how the table was populated (product in it is discontinued or still in stock) then the product if found in the table would be omitted or included, respectively, from the listing.
    for me it does not matter if the product is disabled or discontinued. There are two things that would be handy. 1. the product still showing by direct link (search..) and also perhaps the review to be visual. How can i accomplish this? Can you perhaps help me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12