Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Prices and Quantity Display Help

Two part question:

1) I am playing with hiding prices, but when doing so the Price Unavailable-Login for Price sign overrides the Sold Out sign. I need to hide prices for products that are actually available for purchase and keep the Sold Out sign for ones that are quantity of 0.

2) When displaying the quantity box, if there is only one of something in stock, the box disappears. I realize the purpose of this, but need the box to stay and display "1 Available".

Thanks to everyone still helping in this forum.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Prices and Quantity Display Help

for 2) basically if there is only 1 available it needs to say "Last One" or "1 Available". If there are >1 then regular numbers. I feel like this might be doable, where I am getting stumped is the fact that the quantity box goes away when only 1 in stock.

Plugin Contributions

You know that there is a separate display option for quantity remaining, and that text could be controlled to display the desired text. (A bit "easier" to manage than the requested modifcation.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible that you have the tail wagging the dog? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are trying to accomplish.
    1) You can force folks to log in before seeing prices so, there's generally no need to hide them once they have logged in.
    2) Once they are logged in, the system will tell them the item is available or sold out.
    All that happens with one small change in the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Is it possible that you have the tail wagging the dog? Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are trying to accomplish.
    1) You can force folks to log in before seeing prices so, there's generally no need to hide them once they have logged in.
    2) Once they are logged in, the system will tell them the item is available or sold out.
    Appears to desire a sort of mix.. As described everything shows login for price whether the product is available for purchase or not... Wants unavailable product that is to be dsplayed to be identified as out-of-stock so that customers don't uselessly create an account only to find out that the desired product wasn't available to begin with.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Appears to desire a sort of mix.. As described everything shows login for price whether the product is available for purchase or not... Wants unavailable product that is to be dsplayed to be identified as out-of-stock so that customers don't uselessly create an account only to find out that the desired product wasn't available to begin with.
    Exactly! Thank you for clarifying that far better than I was able to.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    Exactly! Thank you for clarifying that far better than I was able to.
    Btw, somewhat of an unwritten queston best to address up front is why have the product listed but not purchaseable? (Ie. What business need is being met to accomodate this?)

Is the product never to be available again? Is it temporarily out-of-stock? Can it be back ordered?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The issue is that I don't want people to create account/login to see the price of a sold out item because that will be a waste of their time. I'd rather they see that it's sold out. For items that are in stock with pricing, I want them to login to see those prices.