Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Simple and Easy 2 Question Create Account Page

Maybe the wrong section for this, but in 2015 most people do not want to enter personal details such as address/phone until they are ready to order. I need to rework the Sign-Up/Registration page to accommodate this. How can it be made to only ask for email and password to create an account?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple and Easy 2 Question Create Account Page

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    Maybe the wrong section for this, but in 2015 most people do not want to enter personal details such as address/phone until they are ready to order. I need to rework the Sign-Up/Registration page to accommodate this. How can it be made to only ask for email and password to create an account?
    By basically installing COWOA (checkout without an account)...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    By basically installing COWOA (checkout without an account)...
    Thank you. I saw that plugin here but thought it was mostly for sites selling virtual goods. If it will also work with regular orders than I'll go ahead and try it.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I saw that plugin here but thought it was mostly for sites selling virtual goods. If it will also work with regular orders than I'll go ahead and try it.
    Don't get me wrong, but there is still order fullfillment information gathered such as billing and shipping information. But, no it's not just for virtual or download only product.

Plugin Contributions

Don't get me wrong, but there is still order fullfillment information gathered such as billing and shipping information. But, no it's not just for virtual or download only product.
    Hi, it seems that the Checkout Without Account plugin "lets your customer checkout without having to register an account on your store," but I still want them to have to create an account... but with only email and password, not actually having to provide their full address, etc until actually checking out.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, it seems that the Checkout Without Account plugin "lets your customer checkout without having to register an account on your store," but I still want them to have to create an account... but with only email and password, not actually having to provide their full address, etc until actually checking out.
    Yes let's them, meaning doesn't require them to create an account, but one can still be created... There are ways to control the flow from that point to ensure one is created. For example if paypal express is used, it can automatically create an account, and there are other ways to go. I would suggest reviewing the thread on the plugn to address your concerns with it.

Plugin Contributions

Yes let's them, meaning doesn't require them to create an account, but one can still be created... There are ways to control the flow from that point to ensure one is created. For example if paypal express is used, it can automatically create an account, and there are other ways to go. I would suggest reviewing the thread on the plugn to address your concerns with it.
    Thank you for hanging in there with me on this topic. I don't mean to be creating a separate thread on COWOA, but before delving into it I want to reiterate that I want customers to create an account to checkout, but I do not want them to have to enter their complete details for account creation. The idea is to encourage more people to easily create accounts with only email/password. Full details such as address are completely discouraging for account creation in 2015.

The flow needs to be this: create account with email and password only > must login to buy something > when buying something, billing/shipping addresses during checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Are they to be able to see things in the cart (store is what I mean) before creating an account? If able to see product wthout logging in, are they able to see prices?
    Last edited by mc12345678; 6 Aug 2015 at 08:29 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Are they to be able to see things in the cart (store is what I mean) before creating an account? If able to see product wthout logging in, are they able to see prices?
    At this time, unable to see prices, and unable to add anything to the cart without logging in. However, despite the current settings, still need customers to be able to create account with limited (email/pw) info. This gives the feeling of being part of the site, collects email, yet without overdoing it with personal info requests.

As more sites strive to build a user base, the faster the account creation the better.

Plugin Contributions

At this time, unable to see prices, and unable to add anything to the cart without logging in. However, despite the current settings, still need customers to be able to create account with limited (email/pw) info. This gives the feeling of being part of the site, collects email, yet without overdoing it with personal info requests.

As more sites strive to build a user base, the faster the account creation the better.
    That then is a totally dfferent animal. If not going to allow "seeing the store" until some form of an account is created (which in my opinion is a deterent to begin with) then there is another plugin that can minimize the account credentials needed to create an account. Thus with the store setup to see product only once logged in, then the minimal information to create an account can be controlled.

Perhaps: minimum customer account information? https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1465

This is different than what the original post suggested which was about the checkout process, not the visitation of the site authorization process...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast