Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple and Easy 2 Question Create Account Page

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That then is a totally dfferent animal. If not going to allow "seeing the store" until some form of an account is created (which in my opinion is a deterent to begin with) then there is another plugin that can minimize the account credentials needed to create an account. Thus with the store setup to see product only once logged in, then the minimal information to create an account can be controlled.

Perhaps: minimum customer account information? https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1465

This is different than what the original post suggested which was about the checkout process, not the visitation of the site authorization process...
    My apologies for not getting the idea down on paper the right way, thank you so much for being patient until I could explain it

The plugin you referenced now says "ALERT: This module has been replaced by All-Products-Virtual-no-Shipping" this concerns me because I actually do need to collect shipping info.

Maybe this isn't as complicated as I am making it, what if I go to tpl_modules_create_account.php and just start removing all the fields except for email and password?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    My apologies for not getting the idea down on paper the right way, thank you so much for being patient until I could explain it

The plugin you referenced now says "ALERT: This module has been replaced by All-Products-Virtual-no-Shipping" this concerns me because I actually do need to collect shipping info.

Maybe this isn't as complicated as I am making it, what if I go to tpl_modules_create_account.php and just start removing all the fields except for email and password?
    Been a while since I've mucked around wth that aspect, but n a way, yeah that is something that can be done.. Need to also consider the minimum requirements n the configuration>minimum values secton, as some/most of those fields are checked against that nformation. Otherwise search the plugns... I used the search word of logn, so may try a different word... Also, may still go to the thread for thatplugin to see if others were n the same situaton trying to do the same thing and how they handled it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Been a while since I've mucked around wth that aspect, but n a way, yeah that is something that can be done.. Need to also consider the minimum requirements n the configuration>minimum values secton, as some/most of those fields are checked against that nformation. Otherwise search the plugns... I used the search word of logn, so may try a different word... Also, may still go to the thread for thatplugin to see if others were n the same situaton trying to do the same thing and how they handled it.
    Searched all the plugins, nothing. Just "All Products Virtual -- No Shipping" which will go beyond what I need since I need shipping. Also doesn't seem to be a thread for that one.

So I went to hack tpl_modules_create_account.php - edited out all of the create account fields not needed. You're right, also needed to change all other minimum requirements to 0. Almost there! The only thing preventing it from working is the following message:

Please choose a salutation.
    You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.

Now I am also concerned that they might checkout without updating the address. So I would need a way to direct them to their address book when trying to checkout. But hey, one thing at a time, right?

Plugin Contributions

Check the header_php.php file for that page.if not mistaken it contans the validaton check for those items...

As for the back end, that's a separate process/check.can still use COWOA at that point as well... Cart won't allow purchase of an item requirng shipping without a shipping address...

Plugin Contributions

Check the header_php.php file for that page.if not mistaken it contans the validaton check for those items...

As for the back end, that's a separate process/check.can still use COWOA at that point as well... Cart won't allow purchase of an item requirng shipping without a shipping address...
    Thank you, trying COWOA for the shipping info during checkout.

In the meantime, the validation check for those items is not in pages > login (or reate_account) > header_php.php

I tried to remove and anything related to country and nothing got rid of the "You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu."

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    Thank you, trying COWOA for the shipping info during checkout.

In the meantime, the validation check for those items is not in pages > login (or reate_account) > header_php.php

I tried to remove and anything related to country and nothing got rid of the "You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu."
    That is probably from the code in includes/modules/create_account.php and effectively controlled by the admin configuration -> Customer Details -> State option...

I wouldn't necessarily suggest commenting it all out, but may need to apply some sort of logic to prevent its display/consideration for the evolution you are trying to affect, but not to affect say the automatic account creation through other processes... Or, worst case, they are presented with that information as is...

Dunno. :)

If going to modify that file, please do yourself a favor and copy it into your template override folder: includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php

This same/similar action should have been done with all of those other edits made above. Sorry didn't state sooner... If not copied originally, then would suggest copying those edited files to the template override directory (No override for includes/modules/pages files), then restore the original files in the applicable "core" location.

Plugin Contributions

Simple registration is something that was brought up in another post 7 years ago. This comment hits the nail on the head:

I'd really like to see Zen have a more flexible registration routine. Asking the customer for so much info up front was causing many of them to turn away.
    I love ZC and am very thankful for being able to do amazing things with it. But sometimes the thinking behind it seems stuck in the Internet of 7 years ago - which makes me sad/worried about the future of the software. In 2015, hardly any site asks 12+ questions for registration. It is important for marketing and growing a customer base to have fast email/pw only registration.

If we can find a solution in this thread, I believe it will help others who are hoping to actually grow their business. As it stands, the stock registration page is doing more harm than good.

Plugin Contributions

That's why as you have pointed out that the stock template is not expected to be used...

All of the available features are presented. Just because they are there does not mean that they need/should be used... Each store has it's own needs. For a site I manage I don't even encourage people to use the create path, but instead to smply go through checkout as the data needed is collected that way...

The path taken for the referenced site requires some form of interaction out of the gate, so yes for someone to venture to see what there is to offer, they want to provide as little as possible, if anything at all...

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone, I have still been trying to figure this out and desperately need to bump this thread and kindly ask for another set of eyes to help find a solution.

Plugin Contributions

@pricediscrimation, you'll need to modify at least two "processes" to accomplish what you want:
    1. create_account: Remove the processing (both template and page-header) that requires the customer's address to be entered as part of the account-generation.
    2. checkout_shipping: Update the processing to recognize when the customer has not yet entered an address (i.e. no matches in the address_book table for the given customers_id) and, if not present, go directly to the checkout_shipping_address page ... not allowing the checkout process to proceed until that address is entered. That page's processing will also require some changes, I'm guessing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast