Plugin Contributions

Default Is this possible? 1 Shipping module if selected requires additional information

Not sure if this is possible or if there is a module that already does this - any ideas/advice very grateful, more detaisl for you:

So I have various shipping modules and one is

"free school delivery"

if this option is selected we then deliver their order to their school

HOWEVER unless they tell us we don't actually know which school the order is from (as various schools sign up to this)

So I was looking for a box that pops up and is required ONLY if they select that shipping option - and asks them for school, childs name and class

At present customer is to put info in the comments box but 90% don't! and when you have 100 orders per day, 5000 pupils 6 schools - its a pain to work out what goes where!

Any ideas? Any shipping modules that required additional information that I can tweak? or paid modules

Please let me know :)

Thank you
    Sarah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible? 1 Shipping module if selected requires additional information

What shipping module are you using for "free school delivery"?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible? 1 Shipping module if selected requires additional information

Ajeh - its just the "flat rate" cloned with a zero cost

Plugin Contributions

Are you using Store Pickup for anything?

You could define the 6 schools in that for people to select their school ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh - I am already using that module (for exactly what it says Store Pickup) BUT I didn't know you could define stores to select? as I could clone that shipping module and replace "school delivery" with it - so as you can imagine my question is how do you define schools with store pickup - happy if a thread or how to - rather than piecemeal details - getting excited!!

Plugin Contributions

There is a setting for:
    Pickup Locations
    Using the definitions:
    School 1,0:00; School Name 2,0.00; School Name 3,0.00; School Name 4,0.00; School Name 5, 0.00; School Name 6,0.00
    It would display the 6 schools by radio buttons for selection ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

ahh I am using a different "store pickup" module - hence why I didn't see that - off to have a gander now

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Plugin Contributions

Note to people who arrived here by searching: this is a new feature - one of the many benefits of upgrading!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

coming back to this question- the store pickup is working well - BUT is there anyway we can have it as a dropdown vs a radio button as the shipping is becoming a bit clunky with so many option - people are not choosing their school and picking the top one?

I was wondering if the "store pickup" module could put them into a dropdown vs radio buttons as you can see from attached our list is very long as that "store pickup" is actually only 1 of 4 options

(I am using "store pickup" as "free school delivery" and another "store pickup" as "click and collect")

A screen shot of what we are seeing?

Is it possible?
    Thank you
    Sarah