Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get into ADMIN via CHROME but I can via Firefox

I am migrating to a new host. I migrated my old site over (details to follow), got it almost up and running. I could access my site with no problem from the front end. On the admin side, it would pull up the login page but when I entered my user/pass it failed. After trying many thing I decided to delete my site (all file and the database) and start fresh following the directions given here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...fferent-server

I get it up and the same thing happens. I can't access the admin. I am using Chrome instead of Firefox which I usually use so I am not as familiar with it.

My CPANEL error tells me this:
    [Sat Aug 08 11:53:50 2015] [error] [client 141.212.122.90] File does not exist: /home/thestitc/public_html/405.shtml

I went into the developer tools and captured this message in the console window:
    "Uncaught type error: Failed to execute "animate" on 'element': The provided value is login.php?comefrom=index.php%zenAdminId......"

Which led me to try it on Firefox. I have no problem accessing my admin on Firefox. But I have no problem accessing my live site on both Firefox and Chrome, which makes me think there is some difference on my host, maybe version of something? I don't know how the "animate" error message relates but....

I'm not really stuck, since I can go on to use Firefox but this might come back to bite me somewhere else so I thought I'd try to solve it. Thanks for any help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    What version of Zen Cart are you using? New install 1.54
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)? New install on new server
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?) n/a
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using? none
    If your problems are language-pack related (non-English), have you checked that all the language files are loaded and correct? n/a
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily)) via FTP and zc_install, demo database
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info) Php 5.4.39; MySQL 5.0.96-community
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc? newhost
    Please post the contents of related "debug logs" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in
    Code:
     and
    tags please!). empty
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live? n/a
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? none
    Please post your site URL* so we can take a look at it. This is especially important if you're encountering display/layout problems, so the problem can be seen directly. I'm using an IP, is that ok to post?
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? (ie: a search for your error message or what you want to edit/change, etc) yes for hours
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? yes again

----------------------------------------------------
    I'm playing with the developers tools in Chrome this morning. I have up the window that shows the progression through the files and it is getting stuck on "loading.gif". The path is /shop/admin/images/loading.gif

I looked, the file is there. I tried permission 777 and 755. ????

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get into ADMIN via CHROME but I can via Firefox

Update:

After examining the code with both the new zencart in my new host, and my live cart on my old host, using Chrome, I notice that

1. Type TypeRError: Failed to execute 'animate'...... occurs in both.

2. When it calls login.php with the one that works it looks like this:
    Code:
    <form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="https://www.thestitchsanctuary.com/shop/admin/login.php?camefrom=index.php" method="post" onsubmit="animate(this)">
    as compare to the one that doesn't work:

Code:
    <form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="http://xx.xx.xx.xxx/shop/admin/login.php?camefrom=index.php&zenAdminID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" method="post" onsubmit="animate(this)">
    The long xxxxxx above is a combo of numbers and letters but I didn't know if it was something to not share.

Does this difference mean anything to anybody?

Thanks
    lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Probably not related but the mySQL version is a bit out of spec:
    MySQL Version

• Zen Cart v1.2.x thru 1.3.8a were designed for MySQL 4, and will give errors on MySQL5
    • Zen Cart v1.3.9 is compatible with MySQL 4.1.3+ thru 5.1
    • Zen Cart v1.5.x expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.5
    • Zen Cart v1.6.x expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.6
    Admin access via saved shortcut or manually entered url?
    Just demo data or your imported database?

See post #5 regarding admin access using IP instead of name
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Address-as-URL
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Probably not related but the mySQL version is a bit out of spec:
    They are in the process of updating their system I was told.

Admin access via saved shortcut or manually entered url?
    manually entered IP, so xx.xx.xxx/shop
    Just demo data or your imported database?
    demo

See post #5 regarding admin access using IP instead of name
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Address-as-URL
    I was just reading a similar post by Dr. Byte: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?258

It seems like it is losing my cookies (or maybe I am). Chrome is saving cookies, I can see them. And my other site wouldn't work if Chrome wasn't saving them. It just isn't saving them with an IP I guess.

In CPANEL it shows this for PHP configuration:

HTML Code:
      Subsection	Directive	Info	Value
    Language Options	asp_tags	Allow ASP-style <% %> tags.	Off
    File Uploads	file_uploads	Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.	On
    Paths and Directories	include_path	Windows: "\path1;\path2" c:\php\includes"	.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
    Resource Limits	max_execution_time	Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds	30
    Resource Limits	max_input_time	Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data	60
    Resource Limits	memory_limit	Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)	32M
    Data Handling	register_globals	You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. deprecated	Off
    Language Options	safe_mode	deprecated	Off
    File Uploads	upload_max_filesize	Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.	2M
    main	session.save_path	Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this variable in order to use PHP's session functions. As of PHP 4.0.1, you can define the path as: session.save_path = "N;/path" where N is an integer. Instead of storing all the session files in /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and store the session data in those directories. This is useful if you or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions. NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically. You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose. NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to use subdirectories for session storage	/tmp
    I won't know until I hit submit if that aligned things properly, but do you see anything that needs changed here?

Thanks
    L

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    manually entered IP, so xx.xx.xxx/shop
    This probably almost certainly won't work as expected (unless this is a VPS with only a single domain, in which case you wouldn't be needing to use the IP address anyway).

When the account was created you would have been assigned a user account name. Probably 'thestitc' (based on what you posted in a previous message). so to access the site using the IP address this account name will be a part of the URL, typically

http://141.212.122.90/~thestitc/

Note the '~' that I've added before the account name. This is a macro that tells the server to use the 'home' directory.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    This probably almost certainly won't work as expected (unless this is a VPS with only a single domain, in which case you wouldn't be needing to use the IP address anyway).

When the account was created you would have been assigned a user account name. Probably 'thestitc' (based on what you posted in a previous message). so to access the site using the IP address this account name will be a part of the URL, typically

http://141.212.122.90/~thestitc/

Note the '~' that I've added before the account name. This is a macro that tells the server to use the 'home' directory.

Cheers
    RodG
    Thanks for looking into it. I got the same results with and without the ~thestitch so I took a chance and changed my DNS settings to point to the new server (kept it in maintenance mode). And it worked.

So I'm pretty sure it was having cookie issues as Dr Byte mentioned in his FAQ.

Thank you and RixStix for your help.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    Update:

After examining the code with both the new zencart in my new host, and my live cart on my old host, using Chrome, I notice that

1. Type TypeRError: Failed to execute 'animate'...... occurs in both.

2. When it calls login.php with the one that works it looks like this:
    Code:
    <form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="https://www.thestitchsanctuary.com/shop/admin/login.php?camefrom=index.php" method="post" onsubmit="animate(this)">
    as compare to the one that doesn't work:

Code:
    <form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" action="http://xx.xx.xx.xxx/shop/admin/login.php?camefrom=index.php&zenAdminID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" method="post" onsubmit="animate(this)">
    The long xxxxxx above is a combo of numbers and letters but I didn't know if it was something to not share.

Does this difference mean anything to anybody?

Thanks
    lruskauff
    Glad it got worked out, to answer the question about posting the long string of letters and numbers, that is a session id, and while shouldn't be posted for admin side, should never be posted for store side... Less likely to be an issue on the admin side because there are far fewer users that have access to the admin side, but on the store side everyone having the same session id sees/manages the same shopping cart and all things associated. :) wouldn't be cool for them all to have that...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have the exact same problem, how is this fixed? My store is also on an IP since Ill be migrating and then changing DNS. Why does it work on firefox but not chrome?

Plugin Contributions

Please only post your problem in one thread. It confuses us old folks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joricarmo View Post
    I have the exact same problem, how is this fixed? My store is also on an IP since Ill be migrating and then changing DNS. Why does it work on firefox but not chrome?
    You can add the filter_var line to 2 files as shown here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/783/files
    If you're running a PHP version older than 5.2 then don't make the rest of the changes shown.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast