Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Notifier Trace [Support Thread]

The Zen Cart Notifier Trace module is available in the Plugins area: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1114

This module hooks the base-class notify function and captures the output into a file in your store's cache directory. It is very useful during code modification and also supports development and debug of class-based code.

No file overwrites are required and a simple SQL patch is provided to enable/disable the feature.
    Last edited by lat9; 19 May 2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Include zip-file

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart Notifier Trace [Support Thread]

thanks for the effort,
    i am trying to use it to debug a class but i am unable to.
    it is giving me errors about "Call to undefined method un_wishlist::notify()"
    i have amended the parent class to extend base...

kinda stuck now

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today...

You didn't indicate which version of Zen Cart you're using, but you need to make sure that you're using the version of the Notifier Trace that matches your installed version. Make sure that your class definition looks similar to:

Code:
    class un_wishlist extends base {
      Your code here ...
    }
    Another add-on that I've found useful in debugging classes is Super Globals Plus. Don't be put off by its release date (2007); I'm using it on two v1.3.9 sites with no problems.

Plugin Contributions

I've submitted an update to this plugin (v1.1.0) to add support for Zen Cart v1.5.1 (the config.core.php has changed) and remove support for (obsolete) v1.3.8a.

Plugin Contributions

Heads-up to those that are using this plugin ... its functionality will be incorporated into a core Zen Cart feature for v1.6.0 (see http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...TCH_ALL-events).

When you upgrade to v1.6.0, you can leave your database intact as the configuration "switch" name is kept (and the possible values enhanced). Just remember that you won't need (or want!) to keep the /includes/auto_loaders/overrides/config.core.php and /includes/classes/class.base_trace.php files from this plugin.

Plugin Contributions

I've submitted v1.2.0 of this plugin to provide support for Zen Cart v1.5.2 and later. Turns out that these versions of Zen Cart, while incorporating the trace-related processing in the base distribution, are not going to provide the configuration switch to enable/disable the feature ... that's what the update's for!

If you are already a user of this plugin, you don't need this update but you do need to remember to delete this plugin's /includes/auto_loaders/overrides/config.core.php and /includes/classes/class.base_trace.php files as part of your upgrade process.

Plugin Contributions

v2.0.0 is now available for download. This version is a MAJOR restructuring of the plugin. There is now a single installation for all supported Zen Cart versions. If you are using Zen Cart v1.5.2 or later, there are no core file overwrites.

You can separately enable tracing for your store and your admin. For each type of trace you can
    • trace nothing
    • trace everything
    • trace only accesses by a given IP address
    • trace only accesses by a specific customer (or admin) ID (requires login first).

Plugin Contributions

As you suggested on another thread, I'm installing this plugin. I'm confused by this instruction:
    4. If you are installing this plugin on a Zen Cart version prior to v1.5.2, copy the plugin's file /before_zc152/includes/classes/class.core.php to the (currently empty) plugin directory /includes/classes. This is the version of the file distributed with the Zen Cart v1.5.2-RC2 release.

What is the (currently empty) supposed to mean? I have a lot of stuff in the /includes/classes directory, so it's not empty. The file in /before_zc152/includes/classes isn't called class.core.php, it's called class.base.php, which I already have in includes/classes. I've installed quite a few plugins over the years and I haven't had this issue before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by laurelsstitchery View Post
    As you suggested on another thread, I'm installing this plugin. I'm confused by this instruction:
    4. If you are installing this plugin on a Zen Cart version prior to v1.5.2, copy the plugin's file /before_zc152/includes/classes/class.core.php to the (currently empty) plugin directory /includes/classes. This is the version of the file distributed with the Zen Cart v1.5.2-RC2 release.

What is the (currently empty) supposed to mean? I have a lot of stuff in the /includes/classes directory, so it's not empty. The file in /before_zc152/includes/classes isn't called class.core.php, it's called class.base.php, which I already have in includes/classes. I've installed quite a few plugins over the years and I haven't had this issue before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
    The directory structure provided by the plugin includes an empty /includes/classes directory, so that you (for pre-v1.5.2 stores) can copy the class.base.php (I'll fix the instructions in an update!) into that empty directory and them copy the plugin's entire /includes directory to your store.

I apologize the the confusion caused by my instructions; I'll try to improve them in an updated release.

Plugin Contributions

Oooooooookay, that makes a lot more sense! This is what happens when I hang out with a five-year-old and a two-year-old all day. Thanks for the clarification! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast