Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4

Following Dr. Bytes recommendation, I am trying to upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4. I have a lot of residual files and just want to do a clean install. I have a relatively simple site, so I am ok with the work of starting from scratch.

I set up a new folder on my site with a test name. I downloaded all of the newest 1.5.4 files, set up my database on my hosting account and went through the install procedure. Everything went smooth.

Result: I can access the new site, but when I try to access the admin panel, I just get a white screen.

I went through all of the FAQ suggestions (clear cache, etc.) to no avail. I have not yet renamed my admin file, so it is not that. I looked for the configure.php files in the "root" directory in the subdirectory, but there is nothing there. Is it not possible to install it in a subdirectory as a test until I can get everything configured?
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4

Couple of helpful FAQs/links:
    Blank screen: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    Known issues with 1.5.4 (and fixes): http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions and the links, but nothing there worked. I believe all of the files uploaded properly. I used Filezilla and it tells me if something doesn't load, I didn't make any file changes, or even add an add-on, I didn't see any error messages, but I can't read the error logs. They are on the server, but I can't read them on the server, and I can't download them. Not sure what to do there. I did no customization at all.

All I did was download the latest set of files to my subdirectory, navigate to the site, push the install button, answer all of the questions. At the bottom of the last page it asks if I want to go to the site page or the admin page. I selected admin page and I get a blank page. Did I miss something??
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Nothing exactly wrong, but before gettng back to that. The log files are in the logs directory, if you can ftp to the site or navigate the directory structure you ought to be able to get to them. At least the error logs generated by ZC.

Now as to the installation. Yeah, there is that link, but, it takes one to the admin folder which by the code has to be renamed... The way it sounds you should be able to do that via ftp and then access that folder/admin directory...

From there should be able to identify what of the previous post applies if anything.

Plugin Contributions

The logs directory is empty.

I have tried to navigate to the admin directory just using my browser, but no luck.

A couple of things. I am using Filezilla as a ftp. Every time I launch Filezilla, all of the directories in the subdirectory have a "?" superimposed on them. If I click on them, they open and the "?" goes away until the next time that I launch Filezilla.

I have not yet renamed my admin folder (I will once I can access the admin panel), so I am thinking that is not an issue. I also have not yet removed the install files.

Also, I have the operating instance of ZC 1.5.0 in the root directory. I am now trying to create a test 1.5.4 in a subdirectory of that site. Could something be getting mixed up that way.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Generally no, unless there is a .htaccess in the root of your 1.5.0 site whch could be preventing operation of the site in the sub-directory. Having the zc_install folder in the structure will also cause issues as the software does check for the existence of that and normally provides a message suggesting it's removal. The lack of logs files is more than likely a result of the define for the logs directory in the configure.php files.

As for filezilla, there are reports that it has been known to have security issues whichmay/may not be related to the problems that are being seen.

Plugin Contributions

Lets us check which php version is installed.

In your favorite editor create a file named phpinfo.php and put this line into that file:

PHP Code:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    Save that file and upload it via FTP to the root of your ZC installation - eg:

yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Then open your browser and call http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Let us know what the heading for that file reads, the heading should show something like this:

PHP Version 5.x.xx

Please post the result here.

Plugin Contributions

The header says PHP Version 5.2.17
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

I just read some of the other threads and realize that i need to upgrade to a newer version of php. I will contact my hosting company tomorrow.
    Last edited by SPembleton; 17 Aug 2015 at 09:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I just read some of the other threads and realize that i need to upgrade to a newer version of php. I will contact my hosting company tomorrow.
    Somethng to keep in mind/consider is what is needed so that your site can remain onlne as long as possible whle stll working on the new verson of your site... Fortunately the upgrade is not as drastic of a change as from 1.3.9 and below, but...

If you fnd that you need to temporarily continue operating the new site on PHP 5.2.17, take a look at the following for guidance: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast