Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.4

Are you indicating that if i have my hosting company upgrade me to the most current version of PHP, that my new 1.5.4 would work, but my existing site might not work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    Are you indicating that if i have my hosting company upgrade me to the most current version of PHP, that my new 1.5.4 would work, but my existing site might not work?
    Yes that is possble. And regarding ZC 1.5.0 if PHP is upgraded beyond 5.3.x then likely to be the case.

See the server requirements from the home page of this site: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...o-run-zen-cart
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like too big of a risk for me right now. I shut down my business for February. In the past I have let my site stay up, but this year maybe i will leave my site the way it is now, and totally replace it in February.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like too big of a risk for me right now. I shut down my business for February. In the past I have let my site stay up, but this year maybe i will leave my site the way it is now, and totally replace it in February.
    If you 1) ether use a php version that works for both or make the mods to ZC 1.5.4 to support continued operation and 2) follow the posted instructons for a site upgrade/rebuild your down time should be a few minutes if that much... By the end of the year you may not have PHP 5.2 or 5.3 available to support such a parallel upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Let me possibly put it another way...

Your site currently uses PHP 5.2.17 and ZC 1.5.0 supports that. You want to upgrade the site to ZC 1.5.4, but out of the box, it does not support PHP 5.2.17. The link provided (twice now) provdes guidance on how ZC 1.5.4 can be modified to work with PHP 5.2.17. There is a strong suggestion to upgrade PHP though instead of make the modifications or perhaps that is how it was understood.

The development team has taken great care to make t possible to upgrade from one version to the next or in some cases provided a documented path to do so. (Used to be that to go from pre 1.3.9h to 1.5.x had to upgrade at least twice before more sane instructions were provided. :) )

It is possible to put the new version on your. Current server without disrupting current service while incorporatng the changes necessary to do the "upgrade"... Sure not usng the "latest" PHP, but that will be the case at some point before the upgrade takes place...

I consider this me taking you to the water, if you drink, great, if not, well I think I've done what I can from here. A path has been provided, maybe it seems too easy. Yes there will be minor hiccups in the process, but what software doesn't have some sort of issue at some point on some server run by some "unknown" person(s)?

Plugin Contributions

Keep the server PHP settings unchanged.

On your new site (1.5.4) apply these temporary fixes:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1268233

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....04#post1270404

When done please test your 1.5.4 site and report the results here.

Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12