Plugin Contributions

Default Easy Populate CSV fatal duplicate entry error

I have installed V1.54 and it is at the stage where it is almost ready to go live. Found an issue with easy_populate_csv_for_zencart_v1.5.x_v1.2.6 that I need help with. I exported the csv file, made some corrections in description, and uploaded corrected file (use this process often in 1.39h). However, when I upload corrected file, I get an error. The error log says:
    PHP Fatal error: 1062:Duplicate entry '289-1' for key 'PRIMARY' :: INSERT INTO products_description SET
    products_id = '289',
    language_id = '1',
    products_name =
    Checked in phpMyAdmin in products_description table, and there is only one record with id=289. I have gone through the installation files again to make sure files weren't missed. Am not seeing anything missing there. Where should I look to dig deeper into this?

To be honest, I installed it because it works in 1.39h live store and has been helpful. I had noticed, though, that some of my descriptions were getting characters messed up - 's turned into symbols and question marks in the text. So I wanted to make the corrections before going live with 1.54, but have this issue.

As a workaround, I exported from live store, made corrections and uploaded corrections to 1.39, then exported that table as sql file, then went into 1.54 phpMyAdmin, dropped same table there, and imported the corrected sql. That worked, but not the preferred method.

Any idea, also, why the 's characters are getting messed up? This happened even in 1.39h store.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate CSV fatal duplicate entry error

First off, normally best to post to the forum related to the program with which the problem exists.

Second, if the record already exists in the database, then an insert *WILL* cause an error such as that.

Third, are you saying you transferred your store for an upgrade by using EP CSV? Why not follow the upgrade procedure? What about all of your customers? Their shopping history, etc.?

Fourth, 's issue, probably needed to escape the apostrophe so that it would transfer/display properly... Entering as \'s

Good luck.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

1. Thank you, I will do that for forum.

2. In 1.39h store, it has never done that, and has the exact same products. I often use easy populate in 1.39h to update descriptions or modify other aspects of products, so I simply export the csv, modify the records, then upload csv. All records already exist. Maybe I am using the wrong version of easy populate in 1.54.

3. No, I did not upgrade w/EP CSV. Upgraded dbase per upgrade instructions. The only reason I used the drop table, bring in new table workaround for the one table, is that I had been testing SQLBuddy and accidentally imported the records thinking I was only updating, which caused duplicate entries. So I went through all that to correct that one table after I'd caused the issue.

Am not a fan of phpMyAdmin, but that is only because I am used to being able to touch tables directly using MS Access, and much prefer to build my own queries, etc. I do not have Access as a tool, and tried several other SQL tools such as Workbench and HeidiSQL, but after talking to host, turns out I need a connection string to connect to tables. They gave me the string, but I don't know how to set them up. I would much prefer opening the table in one of those GUI's, and directly modifying the text there. In lieu of that, Easy Populate was second choice.

I will try uninstalling and checking versions to see if another works out better. Thank you for your help and the tip on 's issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowce View Post
    1. Thank you, I will do that for forum.

2. In 1.39h store, it has never done that, and has the exact same products. I often use easy populate in 1.39h to update descriptions or modify other aspects of products, so I simply export the csv, modify the records, then upload csv. All records already exist. Maybe I am using the wrong version of easy populate in 1.54.

3. No, I did not upgrade w/EP CSV. Upgraded dbase per upgrade instructions. The only reason I used the drop table, bring in new table workaround for the one table, is that I had been testing SQLBuddy and accidentally imported the records thinking I was only updating, which caused duplicate entries. So I went through all that to correct that one table after I'd caused the issue.

Am not a fan of phpMyAdmin, but that is only because I am used to being able to touch tables directly using MS Access, and much prefer to build my own queries, etc. I do not have Access as a tool, and tried several other SQL tools such as Workbench and HeidiSQL, but after talking to host, turns out I need a connection string to connect to tables. They gave me the string, but I don't know how to set them up. I would much prefer opening the table in one of those GUI's, and directly modifying the text there. In lieu of that, Easy Populate was second choice.

I will try uninstalling and checking versions to see if another works out better. Thank you for your help and the tip on 's issue.
    Regarding 2, assume that 1) used the latest version of the software trying to be used and 2) that the software is compatible with ZC 1.5.4.

As to use of phpMyAdmin, well, while it typically does not have a table layout for all data within the database to be updated by simply clicking the data and editing it, the data of each individual table can be modified for a row by clicking/editing it.

As for custom queries, there is the ability to write your own query (not saying that it can be "saved"), but the result is not one that can be modified, requiring going back to the original table(s) to edit the data for a row (or of course running a query to update that data)...

I was able to get the workbench to connect to one of the databases I work on; however, I can't recall how other than making sure that the database/user was permitted to access via remote connection, and unfortunately I haven't done that enough times to be able to knowledgeably walk one through it.. Could probably do it again on my own, but that's different than talking someone through something.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post

As for custom queries, there is the ability to write your own query (not saying that it can be "saved"), but the result is not one that can be modified, requiring going back to the original table(s) to edit the data for a row (or of course running a query to update that data)...

I was able to get the workbench to connect to one of the databases I work on; however, I can't recall how other than making sure that the database/user was permitted to access via remote connection, and unfortunately I haven't done that enough times to be able to knowledgeably walk one through it.. Could probably do it again on my own, but that's different than talking someone through something.
    Thanks . . . found that out after running query in phpMyAdmin that it was read only, and was frustrating to edit one record at a time . . . I will keep pursuing looking for how to connect w/connection string, since host gave me that, and in the meantime will uninstall Easy Populate and try another version. I got spoiled being able to link directly to the tables with Access and build whatever queries or user-forms I needed to make the work go smoother. :)