Plugin Contributions

Default offset id error in v1.5.1 on PHP 5.4

Hi

I got this offset id error yesterday, I am using Zencart 1.5.1 and PHP 5.4.3 so I assume this is an example of the known incompatibility problem with newer versions of PHP.

The error message is;
    [15-Aug-2015 23:25:43 Europe/Zurich] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/httpd/vhosts/simmar.ch/httpdocs/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 200.

The strange thing is that nobody paid (or failed to pay) using Paypal within an hour of either side of this time; no emails from Paypal, nix!

I have had this zencart/PHP combination for a long time with no issues.

I also have the "recover cart sales" add-on and nobody added anything to their shopping cart yesterday that remains open.

Anybody have any comments/ideas/suggestions? Probably I should just ignore this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: offset id error

You're correct, this is one of the known compatibility issues between Zen Cart 1.5.1 and earlier and PHP 5.4. It's been corrected in Zen Cart v1.5.3 and later.

Plugin Contributions

Hi .. we're getting a few thousand of these error logs as well using v1.5.1.

So we decided to start the upgrade to v1.5.4 .... to be frank we cannot operate with the lack of speed delivered by this version. Using a new folder off the same server 1.5.4 is so slow as to be painful.

The error logs we are getting all relate to shipping and costs ... we don't charge (Paypal membership only) and we don't ship (all files are downloads - currently in the region of 11,500).

V1.5.1 is running at acceptable speeds .. when we upgrade the database to 1.5.4 it is running really slowly. Because we do not charge per se I don't see any benefit in upgrading because all it's doing is causing our site to lag.

Is there anyway please that we can fix these error logs or switch them off completely .. sorry but v1.5.4 is just not an option.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vizionz View Post
    Hi .. we're getting a few thousand of these error logs as well using v1.5.1.

So we decided to start the upgrade to v1.5.4 .... to be frank we cannot operate with the lack of speed delivered by this version. Using a new folder off the same server 1.5.4 is so slow as to be painful.

The error logs we are getting all relate to shipping and costs ... we don't charge (Paypal membership only) and we don't ship (all files are downloads - currently in the region of 11,500).

V1.5.1 is running at acceptable speeds .. when we upgrade the database to 1.5.4 it is running really slowly. Because we do not charge per se I don't see any benefit in upgrading because all it's doing is causing our site to lag.

Is there anyway please that we can fix these error logs or switch them off completely .. sorry but v1.5.4 is just not an option.

Thanks
    As far as the code goes there's no reason for v154 to run slower than v151.
    But it could be caused by various server-side issues such as server being misconfigured regarding mysqli (which v154 uses instead of the now obsolete mysql PHP client), large numbers of files in the /cache/ folder (which can slow things down due to enumeration that happens by PHP), and, well, lots of other server-side things discussed at How do I speed up my site?. Yes, I realize you said you're running this on the same server. But every site I've run v154 on has always been equal to or faster than v151 or older. My gut tells me the problem you're encountering is environmental.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.