Plugin Contributions

Default Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect error on checkout

Hi,

I was running zencart version 1.3.9 for several years and its been quite stable. Recently I started getting the following error on checkout.

Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/clientdata/apache-www/s/s/ssllock.net/www/priority1design.com.au/shopfront2/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/phptmp:/tmp:/clientdata/php/lib:/clientdata/php/pear-5-2:/clientdata/apache-www/s/s/ssllock.net/www) in Unknown on line 0
    Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
    Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/clientdata/apache-www/s/s/ssllock.net/www/priority1design.com.au/shopfront2/index.php' (include_path='.:/clientdata/php/pear-5-2-17:/clientdata/php/lib') in Unknown on line 0

I've been trying to sort it out with my host provider but they're not helping and have yet to investigate it. So I then tried to install version 1.5.4 hoping it would solve the issue but the same thing happens. During installation I noticed the following warning. see attachment.
    basically warning about the PHP: open_basedir restrictions.

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix this error?

Regards
    Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect error on checkout

What is in your configure.php file for https
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I agree with Kobra. It appears to be a problem with SSL.

But what's highly alarming, in my opinion, is that the way SSL appears to be set up is an archaic method. I would strongly recommend that if your host can't figure out how to fix their (what appears to be extremely dated) configuration then find a modern hosting company who can do HTTPS correctly without serving it via multiple unrelated directory trees. A dedicated SSL certificate for your store is very inexpensive these days and furthermore using a "shared" certificate is less and less accepted by customers as being valid anymore.

If you've been with them for numerous years then hopefully they'll be willing to reward your loyalty by providing a modern configuration for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    What is in your configure.php file for https
    Hello Kobra and Dr Byte.

Thank you for your reply.

By configure file you mean the configure.php file located in the /includes directory?
    Inside the configure.php file the https addresses are
    // Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.priority1design.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://securesite-1.ssllock.net/priority1design.com.au');

up until 2 days ago this was working fine. My host are yet to get back to me about it but at one stage also said something about the shared SSL I'm using. However I disabled SSL on the web site as a test and it had no effect. I suspect the real source of the problem is affecting SSL as well.
    Its a shared SSL

I also just realized my feedback forms are no longer working. These don't use SSL or anything fancy.
    I'm getting the error
    Notice: Undefined index: security_code in /clientdata/apache-www/p/r/priority1design.com.au/www/captcha.php on line 84

Its like the web site has been put under a security lock down. At the moment I'm effectively out of business.

Yes, Dr Byte I am using a cheap host ziphosting. For 8 years now. Despite the occasional hicup its been just acceptable but now things have gone pear shaped. At the time I just had a few web pages. I didn't know it would expand out. Anyway, yes a new Host is definitely on the cards, but I'm out of action at the moment and anxious to get back in business.

open_basedir restriction in effect. would seem to suggest that the restrictions can be turned off. The zencart 1.5.9 installation procedure seems to highlight this being a possible problem. Bearing in mind that my zencart 1.3.9 version was running fine on my server for years now would indicate something has been changed server side. I need something to tell host support as at the moment as they keep telling me its my fault and that I need to talk to my development team. Unfortunately I'm the development team and clearly I'm a hack. If I can pin point the issue for them perhaps theywont ignore me.

Regards
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

These do not seem to match - highlighted by me
    Code:
    securesite-1.ssllock.net/priority1design.com.au

ssllock.net/priority1design.com.au
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    These do not seem to match - highlighted by me
    Code:
    securesite-1.ssllock.net/priority1design.com.au

ssllock.net/priority1design.com.au
    Hello Kobra,

Thank you for looking at this. It turns out the issues are related to problems with the shared SSL offered by my host provider.
    Earlier in the week when they mumbled something about SSL not working I tried disabling SSL on the web site to verify this but the error remained. Which caused me to doubt them and your comment about SSL. It wasn't till much later that I realized I had neglected to change the write permissions on the config files so the files I uploaded didn't make it to the web site. Once I realized this I tried again and I turned off SSL the error disappeared and I was able to enable my PAYPAL payment module instead of my normal NAB transact payment module. This allowed me to take orders again. However I'm still waiting on Ziphosting to restore shared SSL functions so I can use NAB instead of the more expensive paypal.

Sorry to trouble you with this but I was at a loss to know what to do and the help desk at ziphosting initially tried to pass the buck back onto me.
    Wanted me to talk to my development team as if they assumed that everyone had a development team. I'm a one man operation. Eventually they indicated that they've had other web sites suffering the same SSL issue. Makes me wonder why they just didn't say so rather than try for a cover up and waste all of our time.

Regards
    Robert