Plugin Contributions

help question Company Name Field on Regsitration

Hi All,

I am hoping somebody can point me in the correct direction!

On the registration page (login page) there is a field for company name.

I need to change this to Course Title for the educational establishments the site will be for. I have managed to change the text on the page to read course title by editing the file /languages/English/myTemplate/English.php.

However, when a client enters a course title (e,g,) Animal Welfare and then completes all other fields correctly, the page returns with the message 'please enter a course title' and thus will not allow users to register! See image.

I guess this is because it is trying to post the information to a table in the SQL but I am damned if I can locate which one.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Company Name Field on Regsitration

Good morning

What do you have for minimum length of company name? configuration->minimum values ->company

lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Minimum Value for company name in configuration is 1

Plugin Contributions

Did you make any other changes? You shouldn't have to mess with the database table if you only changed the text on the screeen. That information will be saved in the companyname field.

Plugin Contributions

Another thing to check is whether your custom template has introduced the issue. Try temporarily changing back to the "Classic Green" template to see if the same error occurs.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Company Name Field on Regsitration

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Another thing to check is whether your custom template has introduced the issue. Try temporarily changing back to the "Classic Green" template to see if the same error occurs.
    Thanks for the input everybody.

I cant see any other changes to the files in question and switched to Classic Green and attempted the steps as previously. It's worth noting, the classic green retuned the box to company name rather than course title and date of birth reverted to mm/dd/yyyy rather than what I have configured in the template I am using which is dd/mm/yyyy as it is written in the UK.

As you can see from the image even using the classic green I am asked to enter a company name (which I did at the outset) and also this is not flagged as a compulsory field!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	15548

Plugin Contributions

As an added note, I am unable to find a companyname field which you mention in any of the SQL tables. I can however locate a entry_company field in the address_book table.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so if classic green makes you input a value, then something got modified along the way. As for the text that you changed, you changed it in the other template file, not the classic green so we would expect it to change back. And sorry about the company name field, I was just speaking in general terms, not using the database name.

So are you using the current version of zencart? What plugins did you install? Can we see your site?

Plugin Contributions

Since the minimum length (Configuration->Minimum Values->Company) for the company name is 1, it's a required field.

The (*) required indicators for the form need to be hand-edited, so you'll need to edit /includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php to change
    Code:
      define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '');
    to
    Code:
      define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '*');
    The value, when entered and validated, will be stored in the entry_company field of the customer's record in the address_booktable. That field is limited to 32 characters.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Since the minimum length (Configuration->Minimum Values->Company) for the company name is 1, it's a required field.

The (*) required indicators for the form need to be hand-edited, so you'll need to edit /includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php to change
    Code:
      define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '');
    Yes but he said he is getting that message when customer enters a value in the field?

Lruskauff
    to
    Code:
      define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '*');
    The value, when entered and validated, will be stored in the entry_company field of the customer's record in the address_booktable. That field is limited to 32 characters.
    Yes but he says he gets that message when customer enters a value in field,?