Plugin Contributions

Default My "Options" values aren't passing to Paypal (payment Pro )

what my client want is below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zen1.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	15543

but Zen Cart does not pass product's attribute values eg size/color to a separate column Options in paypal transaction details page.
    instead, Zen Cart only simply append the attribute's values to product's name.

see the current paypal transaction details,it's blank in the column OptionsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	zen2.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	15544

I follow the manual below,
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...#id08A6HF080O3

on0 Optional First option field name and label. The os0 variable contains the corresponding value for this option field. For example, if on0 is size, os0 could be large.
    Optional for Buy Now, Add to Cart, Subscribe, Automatic Billing, and Installment Plan buttons
    Not used with Donate or Buy Gift Certificate buttons
    on1 Optional Second option field name and label. The os1 variable contains the corresponding value for this option field. For example, if on1 is color then os1 could be blue.
    You can specify a maximum of 7 option field names (6 with Subscribe buttons) by incrementing the option name index (on0 through on6).
    Optional for Buy Now, Add to Cart, Subscribe, Automatic Billing, and Installment Plan buttons
    Not used with Donate or Buy Gift Certificate buttons
    realized that there are on0, on1 parameters for attribute #1 and #2, os0 and os1 are for their according values to attribute #1 or 2. I added the corresponding code under paypaldp.php (\includes\modules\payment\paypaldp.php) around line after #1530 but didn't seem to be working.

PHP Code:
        // loop thru all products to prepare details of quantity and price.

for ($i=0$n=sizeof($order->products), $k=-1$i<$n$i++) {

// PayPal is inconsistent in how it handles zero-value line-items, so skip this entry if price is zero

if ($order->products[$i]['final_price'] == 0) {
            continue;
          } else {

$k++;
          }

$optionsLI["L_NUMBER$k"] = $order->products[$i]['model'];

$optionsLI["L_NAME$k"]   = $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' [' . (int)$order->products[$i]['id'] . ']';

// Append *** if out-of-stock.

$optionsLI["L_NAME$k"]  .= ((zen_get_products_stock($order->products[$i]['id']) - $order->products[$i]['qty']) < STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK '');

/**
           * johnny1114 06/26/2015 bug fix for paypal order details (Options value missing for size/color)https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/
           * https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pdn/howto_checkout-outside
           * on0_x    First option field name for item #x. 64 character limit
           * os0_x    First set of option value(s) for item #x. 200 character limit. "on0_x" must be defined in order for "os0_x" to be recognized.
           * on1_x    Second option field name for item #x. 64 character limit
           * os1_x    Second set of option value(s) for item #x. 200 character limit. "on1_x" must be defined in order for "os1_x" to be recognized.
           */    
          // if there are attributes, loop thru them and add to description
              // 06/27/2015 johnny1114 add item attribute Options

$optionsLI["ON0$k"] = "";

$optionsLI["OS0$k"] = "";                                    

$optionsLI["ON1$k"] = "";

$optionsLI["OS1$k"] = "";
          if (isset(
    $order->products[$i]['attributes']) && sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > ) {
            for (
    $j=0$n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2$j++) {

// 06/27/2015 johnny1114 add item attribute Options

$optionsLI["ON0$k"] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][0]['option'];

$optionsLI["OS0$k"] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][0]['value'];                                        

$optionsLI["ON1$k"] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][1]['option'];

$optionsLI["OS1$k"] = $order->products[$i]['attributes'][1]['value'];

$optionsLI["L_NAME$k"] .= "\n " $optionsLI["ON0$k"] . '- ' $optionsLI["OS0$k"]; // for zen cart forum, you may ignore this because I put these two lines here just want to see if my ON and OS are being passed to the paypay transaction API or not.

$optionsLI["L_NAME$k"] .= "\n " $optionsLI["ON1$k"] . ': ' $optionsLI["OS1$k"];

//$optionsLI["L_NAME$k"] .= "\n " . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

// end loop

// endif attribute-info 

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My "Options" values aren't passing to Paypal (payment Pro )

You're complaining about PayPal Payments Pro but you've quoted documentation instructions for PayPal Standard.

PayPal Payments Pro does not support the "options" parameters you quoted. That's why the option information IS included in the product name/description data being passed. See the Payments Pro documentation here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...Operation_NVP/

If you wish to have PayPal support the "options" parameters you quoted, please put in a request for them to change the APIs they offer via www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My "Options" values aren't passing to Paypal (payment Pro )

Dr. Byte,

thank you very much for your prompt reply.

yes, my bad, I was looking at the pp standard developer manual, I thought that given the basic pp does support that, no doubt Pro shouldn't support that either.

when I am reading the manual for Pro, only the basic 6 parameters are supported

is there a reason why Paypal API currently does not offer that? why they cut off this feature, were there any related discussions in our forum before, I did the search but didn't found any, or only my client needs this? (he use Paypal as his merchant account, I told him I could modify Zen Cart order details pages to make a separate Options column and put Size/Color attribute values there)

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You're complaining about PayPal Payments Pro but you've quoted documentation instructions for PayPal Standard.

PayPal Payments Pro does not support the "options" parameters you quoted. That's why the option information IS included in the product name/description data being passed. See the Payments Pro documentation here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...Operation_NVP/

If you wish to have PayPal support the "options" parameters you quoted, please put in a request for them to change the APIs they offer via www.paypal.com/mts