Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USPS Web Tools Errors

USPS Web Tools Errors

Over the past week or so, my shopping cart has not displayed shipping cost quotes for USPS. I was made aware of the problem by one of my customers who complained about errors and not being able to use any other shipping service other than UPS, which costs more than USPS. The error message is “An error occurred in obtaining USPS shipping quotes. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please try refreshing this page, or contact the store owner.” I was using an older version of the USPS shipping module at the time, and subsequently upgraded the module to the most current one identified as USPS Version Date 2015-05-31. Several tests and customers later have resulted in the same failure and error message. Shipping methods I have selected are limited to Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and Priority Mail International. My Zen-cart version is 1.3.8a. PHP version 5.2.17 .
    I have changed various settings in admin several times to hopefully stumble upon a solution to no avail. Currently my module setting are:
    USPS Version Date
    2015-05-31

Enable USPS Shipping
    True

Full Name or Short Name
    Long

Enter the USPS Web Tools User ID
    xyz…

Which server to use
    production

Quote Sort Order
    Price-LowToHigh

Handling Fee - US

Handling Fee - International

Handling Per Order or Per Box
    Box

Decimal Settings

Tax Class
    Non-Taxable Services

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

All Packages are Machinable?
    True

USPS Options
    Display weight

USPS Domestic Transit Time Calculation Mode
    NEW

USPS Domestic minimum Length

USPS minimum Width

USPS minimum Height

USPS International minimum Length

USPS minimum Width

USPS minimum Height

Enable USPS First-Class filter for US shipping
    False

Shipping Methods (Domestic and International)
    0, .21875, 0.00, 0, .8125, 0.00, 0, .8125, 0.00, 0, .8125, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, Priority MailTM, 0.1, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 15, 0.00, 0, 20, 0.00, 0, 25, 0.00, Priority Mail ExpressTM, 0.1, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, .21875, 0.00, 0, 4, 0.00, 0, 4, 0.00, Priority Mail InternationalRM, 0.1, 66, 0.00, 0, 4, 0.00, 0, 4, 0.00, 0, 20, 0.00, 0, 20, 0.00, 0, 66, 0.00, 0, 4, 0.00, 0, 20, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00, 0, 70, 0.00

Extra Services (Domestic)
    Certified MailRM, N, USPS TrackingTM Electronic, N, USPS TrackingTM, N, Insurance, N, Priority Mail Express Insurance, N, Priority Mail Insurance, N, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, N, Adult Signature Required, Y, Registered MailTM, N, Collect on Delivery, N, Return Receipt for Merchandise, N, Return Receipt, N, Certificate of Mailing (Form 3665), N, Certificate of Mailing (Form 3817), N, Signature ConfirmationTM Electronic, N, Signature ConfirmationTM, N, Priority Mail Express 1030 AM Delivery, N, Certified MailRM Restricted Delivery, N, Certified MailRM Adult Signature Required, N, Certified MailRM Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, N, Signature ConfirmationTM Restricted Delivery, N, Signature ConfirmationTM Electronic Restricted Delivery, N, Collect on Delivery Restricted Delivery, N, Registered MailTM Restricted Delivery, N, Insurance Restricted Delivery, N, Insurance Restricted Delivery (Priority Mail Express), N, Insurance Restricted Delivery (Priority Mail), N

Extra Services (International)
    Registered Mail, N, Insurance, N, Return Receipt, N, Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International, N, Certificate of Mailing, N

Retail pricing or Online pricing?

Debug Mode
    Off
    My suspicion is that my shared server host has made some changes that may have been a factor. In the past they have confirmed that curl is enabled. However, since the USPS API is undergoing so may changes recently, I am in a cloud of various scenarios. Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Web Tools Errors

If you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit USPS, can you turn on the Debug to Log and try a quote?

Then look in /logs (this is /cache in older Zen Cart versions) and Zip the Shipping Log file that is created and attach it to your post?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit USPS, can you turn on the Debug to Log and try a quote?

Then look in /logs (this is /cache in older Zen Cart versions) and Zip the Shipping Log file that is created and attach it to your post?
    OK log zip uploaded (hopefully).

Plugin Contributions

You are getting an error:
    Code:
    Aug 21 2015 19:30:26 -- CommErr (should be 0): 7 - couldn't connect to host
    Check with your host to see if either you have a problem with cURL or a communication issue with usps ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

My host support team asked me for the url to the api. They will test for connectivity. I gave them this snippet of code:

This is from the currently installed usps.php code:

switch (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER) {
    case 'production':
    $usps_server = 'http://production.shippingapis.com';
    $api_dll = 'shippingapi.dll';
    break;
    case 'test':
    default:
    // 09-7-2014
    //Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
    //Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
    $usps_server = 'http://stg-production.shippingapis.com';
    $api_dll = 'ShippingApi.dll';
    break;
    }

Looking at this code, it appears that there is no longer a url for an https connection. Since I am using https for my shopping cart, may this be a problem?

Plugin Contributions

That should have no bearing on things ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

If you were to unzip this file and upload it to your server in /extras then run it with :
    your_domain/extras/curltester.php

Does everything come up as Good?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Linda McGrath

If you were to unzip this file and upload it to your server in /extras then run it with :
    your_domain/extras/curltester.php

Does everything come up as Good?
    It comes up OK regardung CURL, but it indicates other issues with my SSL security certificate. Here is the response in part:

Connecting to Zen Cart Support Server (http) ...
    GOOD: CURL Connection successful.

Connecting to Zen Cart Support Server (https) ...
    Error 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

IMPORTANT NOTE: Error 60 or 61 means that this server has an SSL certificate configuration problem. YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR HOSTING COMPANY SERVER ADMIN FOR ASSISTANCE with fixing the server's OpenSSL certificate chain.
    This error has nothing to do with Zen Cart. It is a server configuration issue.

Testing again with less security...
    GOOD: CURL Connection successful. (but without being able to verify certificate chain. Again: this is a server issue, not a Zen Cart issue.)

Connecting to USPS (port 80)...
    Error 7: couldn't connect to host

Connecting to USPS Test/Staging/Sandbox Server (port 80)...
    GOOD: CURL Connection successful.

Connecting to UPS (port 80)...
    GOOD: Socket established

Connecting to UPSXML (SSL) (wwwcie.ups.com) ...
    Error 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Connecting to FedEx (port 80)...

Connecting to PayPal IPN (port 443)...

Connecting to PayPal Express/Pro Sandbox ...

Connecting to PayPal Payflowpro Server ...

Connecting to AuthorizeNet Production Server ...

Connecting to LinkPointAPI server (port 1129)...

I will report the SSL certificate issues to my host support. They are in UK and I am in Los Angeles, so it's hard to exchange messages by email unless I get to my machine early in the morning.

Plugin Contributions

You might show this to your hosting provider to see what all the problems are ... let us know how it goes ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 23 Aug 2015 at 12:03 AM.
    Linda McGrath

You might show this to your hosting provider to see what all the problems are ...
    I have already sent them this report summary and the link where they can run the test for themselves. This is the link FYI: http://ergonica.com/catalog/extras/curltester.php .

Just wondering if the USPS connection uses the same url as in usps.php?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast