Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us not working, receiving alert messages even though all fields filled in

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    And if there is not an htaccess in the "shop" directory, how about the directory above that?
    Just to avoid further confusion - there will be NO directory above that since this is a subdomain and the store is in the root...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us not working, receiving alert messages even though all fields filled in

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Just to avoid further confusion - there will be NO directory above that since this is a subdomain and the store is in the root...
    So you're saying that an htaccess in:
    Code:
    /home/content/a/t/o/atomicorchard/html
    Has no impact on:
    Code:
    /home/content/a/t/o/atomicorchard/html/shop
    Which is a subdirectory of the former?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's the idea with a subdomain instead of a subfolder. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Me apologizes... Me wrong...

mc12345678 was absolutely right - check the above folder as well. Sorry.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's what I'm saying. That's the idea with a subdomain instead of a subfolder. Am I missing something?
    Me apologizes... Me wrong...

mc12345678 was absolutely right - check the above folder as well. Sorry.
    Valid question and hopefully don't feel like a "right" person "wrong" person thing or that it will negatively affect future postings, balihr offers good solutions to issues. We all make mistakes.

For a feeble attempt at an explanation about this, htaccess files are server side files propogating to the sub-directories below them (generally speaking). "Properly" implemented, if sub-domains are located outside of a "primary domain" and each has it's own htaccess file then there will be no intermingling... So yes one structural goal of a sub-domain is for it to have it's own htaccess file (if one is to be used as ZC doesn't require one) with no htaccess file commands in a parent folder that apply undesireable effects to the "children".

Hopefully though the cause of this issue will be soon discovered and corrected. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for all your help! I will post the info later this evening after I get out of work. I appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Valid question and hopefully don't feel like a "right" person "wrong" person thing or that it will negatively affect future postings, balihr offers good solutions to issues. We all make mistakes.

For a feeble attempt at an explanation about this, htaccess files are server side files propogating to the sub-directories below them (generally speaking). "Properly" implemented, if sub-domains are located outside of a "primary domain" and each has it's own htaccess file then there will be no intermingling... So yes one structural goal of a sub-domain is for it to have it's own htaccess file (if one is to be used as ZC doesn't require one) with no htaccess file commands in a parent folder that apply undesireable effects to the "children".

Hopefully though the cause of this issue will be soon discovered and corrected. :)
    Ok... so I tried it with disabling SSL, and it didn't change anything. Still getting the same error messages. However...I did notice that even with SSL enabled, the Contact page is showing that Https is not set up correct, as it's saying it includes other resources that are not secure. So either that's a separate issue unto itself, or related to this issue...

For the Htaccess file, here is the htaccess for my root folder (in the main 'shop' subdirectory folder):

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?shop.atomicorchard\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^ https://shop.atomicorchard.com/%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]

One idea I had was maybe that 'www' part should be different, as my site with the ssl is only set for https://shop.atomicorchard.com

I also have an htaccess file in my main website root folder, as I have SSL on the mainpage as well. This is the htaccess file for that main page root folder (www.atomicorchard.com):

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?atomicorchard\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^ https://www.atomicorchard.com/%{REQUEST_URI} [R,L]

Let me know what you think.... again, I really appreciate your help. If any of you figure it out, I'll send you a free t-shirt from this site (if you want) :)

Plugin Contributions

Just found where that extra "/" is coming from.... the htaccess file! ok, got that straightened out.

Plugin Contributions

Dang, no free tshirt :)

So, is the contact page working now?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, I see that it isn't. Can you turn the SSL off again if you are still there? I see that message that you spoke of.

L

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast