Plugin Contributions

Default Rotating New Products on Main Page

Hello,
    I am showing 2 new products on the main page under a banner, and I would like them to rotate every time someone visits the site. Right now it is always showing the same 2 shirts. I even changed one of them and it's date to make it an "old" product and it's still showing up. It's almost as if it's coded for something other than new products, but the new image is showing up over it. Hopefully that makes sense. Can anyone tell if it's actually the new products? And if so, how to get it to rotate between all of the designs? Thanks for the help.

http://www.wearspeedmachine.com/index.php

(yes yes, I know it's a template monster and you all hate them, I get it. ha. If that is part of the issue, I can contact them)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Rotating New Products on Main Page

I added new products, and it has updated them now. So it's putting up the 2 most recently added products. It's not using the "new products" at all. Just going by when they were added to store. If that helps anyone figure it out. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Without seeing the actual code, it's really hard to go guessing. But, I will make a wild guess and point my finger (as you probably had expected) at TemplateMonster. They are well known for their templates that bypass the standard Zen Cart behavior and they just add pure php code to get the desired effect.

However, looking at the source code, it seems to be loading 10 products, but displaying only 2. This is all thanks to the CSS line that hides the other 8 products (I wonder why). If you look at your includes/templates/theme694/css/stylesheet_tm.css at line 249, you'll notice how the height is defined to 236px which causes all other products to be hidden.

I'm afraid you're on your own - I don't remember seeing anyone here that was happy to help with TM templates because we all know how they do it. On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is good and 10 is a nightmare, I'd give them a 15... I'm pretty sure most of the people here would agree.

Plugin Contributions

When I go to your site and hit your home page, the 2 New Products do change as I refresh the page ... you only have 16 to pick the 2 from but they do change ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    When I go to your site and hit your home page, the 2 New Products do change as I refresh the page ... you only have 16 to pick the 2 from but they do change ...
    Yeah. i added new products, and it started working. I only had 5 products before when it wasn't working, but now that there are around 16, it's working. I knew it was suppose to rotate. Weird. Anywho. Thanks for checking.