Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [2015] Help with updates as requested by Authorized.net

Hello there,

I've recently received an email from the credit card provider linked to my Zen Cart. They are in an update process of their system. I'm trying to update Zen Cart to comply. I'm unsure of a few things and am reaching out for help.

They first mention implementing Akamai Network Technology. They are creating three new URLs for transaction processing that are hosted by Akamai. I'm asked update Zen Cart to point to the new transaction URLs but I don't know how to do this.

The new Akamai transaction URLs that are available now are:

https://api2.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api
    https://api2.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx
    https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Would anyone here know how to update to one of these new Akamai URLs and/or can you direct me to the place to learn this?

Next, they discuss Firewall And IP Address Considerations. If I do not use a firewall or do not connect directly to them via an IP address, then I can disregard this. My question is, does Zen Cart use a firewall or not? I'm unsure of this.

If it does use a firewall then I'm guided to make sure that the firewall is set to permit outbound traffic to flow to the Akamai cloud by configuring my outbound firewall to "ANY." I'm unsure of how to do this as well.

I sure appreciate any help on this. Or, even a recommendation to a developer that can assist.

Thank you,

Michelle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with updates to Zen Cart as requested by Authorized.net

Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

...thank you!

Pardon the likely novice question but how do I determine if I've got AIM, echeck or SIM model in place?

Plugin Contributions

go to the admin; then from the modules menu, select payment, and you can see what is active there...
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

...thank you so much! It appears to be SIM. Wamly, Michelle

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with updates as requested by Authorized.net

Quote Originally Posted by Fn2bfit View Post
    Hello there,

I've recently received an email from the credit card provider linked to my Zen Cart. They are in an update process of their system. I'm trying to update Zen Cart to comply. I'm unsure of a few things and am reaching out for help.

They first mention implementing Akamai Network Technology. They are creating three new URLs for transaction processing that are hosted by Akamai. I'm asked update Zen Cart to point to the new transaction URLs but I don't know how to do this.

Would anyone here know how to update to one of these new Akamai URLs and/or can you direct me to the place to learn this?
    Real simple answer: NO CHANGES NECESSARY. See: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ge-Summer-2015

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FYI, the other completely off-topic discussion about storing card data has been relocated to: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ring-card-data

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hello all.

does this mean that to comply with email from authorize.net about changes "...As part of our continuous upgrades to enhance system performance and security, on September 21, 2015, we are upgrading api.authorize.net to new security certificates, which are signed using Security Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA-2) and 2048-bit signatures..."
    No changes needed except Optional fix as in our post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ge-Summer-2015
    Sorry for repeated questions, but what maybe obvious for you not so easy for many ;-).
    We have more then one zen-cart 1.39 and authorize.net our payment option if something will not work all sites will not be able to process payment.

Thank you for help and understanding.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CustomDesign
    We have more then one zen-cart 1.39
    You should upgrade your ZenCart(s) for security enhancements as well as other reasons
    See support rules
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ort-Life-Cycle

Basically, there is no longer support for 1.3.9 as of Jun 2012 or for the last 3 years
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    You should upgrade your ZenCart(s) for security enhancements as well as other reasons
    See support rules
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ort-Life-Cycle

Basically, there is no longer support for 1.3.9 as of Jun 2012 or for the last 3 years
    Thank you for this info, but question was about current situations for those who for some reason did not update and how may have issue with authorize.net update.

After authorize.net deadline for SHA-2 we will think to move/update our shopping cart to latest more reliable, now we need to solve current issue.

thank you for replay and update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast