Plugin Contributions

Default Adding same attributes to multiple items

Either the search function sucks or my key words do.... Leaning towards my key words

I am looking to see if there is a way to add the same attributes to large amounts of products?

Example:
    I sell auto parts. I have 35 wiring harnesses that have the same 6 plug options for each. I have 1 set up with the attributes and working correctly.

I am wondering if there is a way to attach the attributes to a large bunch of these products without doing them all manually?
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding same attributes to multiple items

Create your first wiring harness product fully, associating all attributes required to this product. You'll use this product as a "template".

Then, when viewing the list of wiring-harness products (Catalog->Categories/Products), click the "Copy to" button (the dark blue/purple button with a C in it) next to your "template" product. When asked, you want to "duplicate" rather than "link" the product and "yes", you want to copy the product's attributes.

Now, all the attributes (both option names and all values) will be associated with the newly-created product (which starts out disabled). You'll then need to update the particulars of this specific wiring harness, including any attribute-specific price/weight addition/subtraction.

Plugin Contributions

Are the 35 wiring harnesses already in the database as individual product? (Lat9s solution assumes the answer is no or that new versions of the product will be created.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Are the 35 wiring harnesses already in the database as individual product? (Lat9s solution assumes the answer is no or that new versions of the product will be created.)
    Yes they are. I do have another 118 to enter so it would work for them but for the original 35 it would not.

I figured with the advances of ZC and 1.54 that something like attributes would be able to be copied over to new products easily.
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

For the existing products, go to Catalog->Attribute Controller. Select a product that has the attributes as you want them.

At the top of the screen, you'll see a strip of buttons; click on "Copy to [product]" to copy that product's attributes to another (single) product or "copy to [category]" to copy that product's attributes to all products in the to-be-selected category.