Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ability to Check Out with 0 Units (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by DanMickle View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about TM.

I just noticed an issue which may be related. I made your suggested fix, and went in to try it and I could not check out. So I changed it back and tried it, and I could not check out. So, thinking back on the last product we were working with, the only difference was that I changed the quantity from "0" to "1" I did that with this product and it worked. Here is the issue:

I then just used easy populate to change the quantity to "1" for all our products, which it did. The problem still existed. I then went in and did nothing but "preview" the part then hit update (changed nothing) and now it works.

Am I going to have to go in to every single part and "preview" and click "update" or is there something I am missing that changed the quatity to 1, but is not refreshing something?

I hope this made sense, kind of hard to explain.
    Suggestion would be to export the full product details to include a product that is exhibiting this issue. Then perform the update that you just did. Export the same data again. Look at the row for that product, what is different?

My guess is that there may be some other "auto-setting" that might need to be updated. If there is no difference in the comparison of the row of data, if you could do something similar from within phpmyadmin for the products table and from there see which field(s) need to be added to the user defined fields so that can "manually" update it..
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok. I am about to head in to meetings, so I will try this later tonight. I will make sure to update the thread. I don't want to leave anytone hanging that may be having the same issue.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Here is what I have found out.

I did the Easy Populate import of all the products.

On the admin -> Catalog/Products -> Product screen for each part it shows:

Product Qty Min: 1
    Product Qty Units: 1

But in the database (via phpMyAdmin) the database shows:

products_quantity_order_min = Value 0
    products_quantity_order_units = Value 0

If I go back in to the admin and do Preview -> Update on the product, it then updates it in the database and everything works fine.

So I guess the issue is how/why does it show in the admin screen, but is not actually the value in the database until I push "update" on each product?

Plugin Contributions

Here is what I have found out.

I did the Easy Populate import of all the products.

On the admin -> Catalog/Products -> Product screen for each part it shows:

Product Qty Min: 1
    Product Qty Units: 1

But in the database (via phpMyAdmin) the database shows:

products_quantity_order_min = Value 0
    products_quantity_order_units = Value 0

If I go back in to the admin and do Preview -> Update on the product, it then updates it in the database and everything works fine.

So I guess the issue is how/why does it show in the admin screen, but is not actually the value in the database until I push "update" on each product?
    Sorry to be a little "selfish", but what were the values in the EP4 file as part of the import for those two values? What was the filename when uploading it?

As for the fact that it shows as 1 and 1 when you go to view the product, if not mistaken there is a bit of error checking that occurs when showing the product for edit and that I think if that condition is detected (0 and 0) then a "default" like value is established (1 and 1) so that when updated (next step in the product modification process) the problem is "fixed"...

Plugin Contributions

Found it. You got me thinking with the error code. There was one product that had a blank value in the field (min units). It did not show an error during the import. I fixed that one product and the database updated all the products and is working.

Plugin Contributions

Found it. You got me thinking with the error code. There was one product that had a blank value in the field (min units). It did not show an error during the import. I fixed that one product and the database updated all the products and is working.
    Will take a look at trying to incorporate something into that portion of the code... At least something to look out for, like if it is blank or 0 then it should be modified to something else.. May have to look over one or more older versions of ZC to see how it was expected to be presented so that compatibility is maintained (or maybe just start correcting that aspect when used with "newer" versions of ZC..

So, just happened to be testing a "defective" product? :) Hate it when that happens that just happen to choose the one item that becomes the token for the entire process. :)

Just wanted to verify that there wasn't an issue with EP4 specifically.. Does so much, has so many options, not everyone uses all of them, hard to test sometimes, counting on other's input. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12