Plugin Contributions

Default Got a blank page during check out payment with V154

Just upgraded from 1.51 to 1.54. Checkout by credit card (Paypal Payment Pro) with 2 items, the checkout confirmation page is total blank.

The log file shows:
    It turned PHP Warning: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /ajax.php on line 24.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Got a blank page during check out payment with zen cart V154

Quote Originally Posted by SignaGen2 View Post
    Just upgraded from 1.51 to 1.54. Checkout by credit card (Paypal Payment Pro) with 2 items, the checkout confirmation page is total blank.

The log file shows:
    It turned PHP Warning: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument in /ajax.php on line 24.

Any suggestions?
    Was payment method disabled/removed and then enabled/installed after the upgrade? (Before removing it, be sure to note the settings and obtain the credentials to reinstall as they will be reset to "default" settings.)

Which log file are you referring? (myDebug? One from the payment processor? Etc..)

Settings of the database/language files/configure.php files related to UTF-8?

Are you able to reproduce it yourself, or is it only certain conditions of location from which purchased, to which sent, etc..?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Was payment method disabled/removed and then enabled/installed after the upgrade? (Before removing it, be sure to note the settings and obtain the credentials to reinstall as they will be reset to "default" settings.)

Which log file are you referring? (myDebug? One from the payment processor? Etc..)

Settings of the database/language files/configure.php files related to UTF-8?

Are you able to reproduce it yourself, or is it only certain conditions of location from which purchased, to which sent, etc..?
    The payment module is set on. Yes the log is myDebug. Yes I can reproduce myself by login with a test account. After I entered credit card info followed by clicking continue, I got a total blank page. I guess I need to edit ajax.php. I just found a similar post in Zen cart forum.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....php-on-line-24

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SignaGen2 View Post
    The payment module is set on. Yes the log is myDebug. Yes I can reproduce myself by login with a test account. After I entered credit card info followed by clicking continue, I got a total blank page. I guess I need to edit ajax.php. I just found a similar post in Zen cart forum.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....php-on-line-24
    Please post back the success/failure of applying that patch when trying to again reproduce the issue.

FWIW, my questions about the payment module being reinstalled was not to know whether it was currently enabled or not, but that it was removed and then put back on because of differences that get applied to the database as a result...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It works now by adding

$result = htmlentities((string)$result, ENT_QUOTES, 'utf-8', FALSE);

before

echo json_encode ($result);exit();

in ajax.php

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Got a blank page during check out payment with V154

I'm investigating reports of the previously-proposed "fix" being an incomplete, and potentially buggy, approach.

To that end, I'm looking for any information any of you (esp SignaGen2) can provide to help me trigger the exact same symptoms with PayPal Pro on v154. Particularly, the CHARSET definition in your english.php, whether you converted your v151 database from latin1 to utf8 as part of your upgrade process, any language or regional settings I can set up on my own site to help trigger the problem, etc. Basically, how can I set up a test site with settings to match yours in a way that I can trigger the symptoms so I can ensure we come up with as complete a fix as possible.

Feedback welcome ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.