Plugin Contributions

bug Unable to amend existing item entries

Hi, I have 'inherited' Zen Cart which my workplace has been using since long before I showed up. I have noticed a couple of glitches which thankfully don't occur too often but I have no idea how to resolve them.

1) Item is listed on the website but not found when I search Zen Cart using same title/keywords.
    I did eventually manage to find this item by looking through product sales report, but when I clicked on it it just returned me to standard directory. I just want to delete the item.

2) Item is listed on website with details but when I open its entry in Zen Cart, entry is blank.
    I would like to update the details but there is nothing there! Have disabled until this is resolved.

3) Item is listed on website but entry in Zen Cart does not contain all the default fields.
    Meaning that I cannot amend certain details.

Any suggestions welcomed. Also, the version we have is v1.3.9f. It would be nice to upgrade but I'm afraid of losing what we already have.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to amend existing item entries

What version of PHP does your server use?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nine View Post
    Hi, I have 'inherited' Zen Cart which my workplace has been using since long before I showed up. I have noticed a couple of glitches which thankfully don't occur too often but I have no idea how to resolve them.

1) Item is listed on the website but not found when I search Zen Cart using same title/keywords.
    I did eventually manage to find this item by looking through product sales report, but when I clicked on it it just returned me to standard directory. I just want to delete the item.

2) Item is listed on website with details but when I open its entry in Zen Cart, entry is blank.
    I would like to update the details but there is nothing there! Have disabled until this is resolved.

3) Item is listed on website but entry in Zen Cart does not contain all the default fields.

Any suggestions welcomed. Also, the version we have is v1.3.9f. It would be nice to upgrade but I'm afraid of losing what we already have.
    In most cases, upgrading will rectify all the above as 1.3.9 basically is at EOL (end of life) as it's functionality depends on the version of PHP installed/active on the system.

Backups are available to prevent the loss of the data that is currently in store.

Follow the below process (and ask questions as necessary) to create an up-to-date version of your store, while it remains online in preparation of the new version eventually replacing the old.

http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

J

I just had #1 happen. Turns out the item was missing its master category.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for the responses!

1. Using PHP Version: 5.3.29 (Zend: 2.3.0)
    2. Thanks for the reassurance about the upgrade. I'm going to seek someone a bit more qualified than me to take care of it, but looks promising.
    3. Good to know, lruskauff - yes, the item in question here is also missing its master category. I don't know how to resolve that.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for the responses!

1. Using PHP Version: 5.3.29 (Zend: 2.3.0)
    2. Thanks for the reassurance about the upgrade. I'm going to seek someone a bit more qualified than me to take care of it, but looks promising.
    3. Good to know, lruskauff - yes, the item in question here is also missing its master category. I don't know how to resolve that.
    3. When edtng a product through the admin, select the dropdown in the upper left area identifying the master category as being invalid. If that does not work, then could select to copy the product, then at the bottom of the right side window selectthe multi-category manager and possibly assign/reassign the master category through copying it to one or more categories. Also possible to assign it through install sql patches, or through phpmyadmin, etc....
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Oh, problem is I can't actually edit the product. It doesn't turn up in an admin search even though it's clearly displayed on the website. I did manage to find it by painstakingly searching through a sales report, but when I clicked on it it returned me to the default menu.

Maybe after an upgrade this will be easier.

Plugin Contributions

I had to go to the database using phpMyadmin and edit the product from there.
    lruskauff