Plugin Contributions

Default Aberdeen Neutral Template Completely Lost Slide Show and nearly everything else HELP!

Hello:

It has been some time since I have posted on here because I have completely started over with a new website after some major problems. But I am not a quitter and I am back. Anyway, I absolutely love this template but something is wrong. I thought it was installed correctly but I suppose not. For some reason, the index page is pretty much non existant.There is no slide show, no categories, nothing. Apparently, something didn't upload. I'm not quite sure what happened. The name of the new site is MyGiftFair.com if you would like to take a look.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Aberdeen Neutral Template Completely Lost Slide Show and nearly everything else H

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    Hello:

It has been some time since I have posted on here because I have completely started over with a new website after some major problems. But I am not a quitter and I am back. Anyway, I absolutely love this template but something is wrong. I thought it was installed correctly but I suppose not. For some reason, the index page is pretty much non existant.There is no slide show, no categories, nothing. Apparently, something didn't upload. I'm not quite sure what happened. The name of the new site is MyGiftFair.com if you would like to take a look.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Silver

I would recommend looking at your logs folder and correcting any errors you see there.

The Aberdeen Neutral has not been updated in a long time and is not mobile friendly. I would recommend using one of the newer template packages. The Westminster New, Winchester Black, Winchester Responsive, and Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0 are my most recently updated and advanced responsive template packages. They can be all be used as a 1, 2, or 3 column layout, with or without the left/right columns on the home page.

Also, it is always advisable that you install new templates on a test environment to make sure that you like them, etc. before installing on a live site. You can even clone your live site, do the install and modifications, and then move to live once you are sure all is working.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Aberdeen Neutral Template Completely Lost Slide Show and nearly everything else H

Thanks Anne,

I'll take a look at the new ones. I apprecaite your response.

Kind Regards,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Anne:

I love the Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0. Thank you for the suggestion and an absolutely beautiful template BTW. The only thing I would want to chang is the blue itself to red. Actually I would need to change it to (9A1212) Could you tell me what file or files (path or paths) would have to be changed to do that? And I hope I'm not asking too much.

Thank you,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Anne:

I have a better idea. Just tell the web color numbers you used for the Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0 Template and I'll adjust from there. It's about time I made some modern adjustments anyway!!

Thanks again Anne,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    Anne:

I have a better idea. Just tell the web color numbers you used for the Responsive Sheffield Blue v2.0 Template and I'll adjust from there. It's about time I made some modern adjustments anyway!!

Thanks again Anne,

Silver
    If you want to make css changes to the template I would recommend using chrome and its web developer tools. They will tell you which lines of which files need to be edited.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Anne:

I am not familiar with Chrome and their developer tools. Could you please be so kind as to tell me the hex code of the color blue of the banner line where the printing of the words Shop, Brands, About Us, Customer Service, Information, and Contact Us is? I would really appreciate the information and then I could move on and get my Logo finished.

Thank you in advance for the information,

Silver