Plugin Contributions

Default Fun with CSS! :(

Hi,

I had to widen a site logo to make room for additional text (not my idea!!!). Unfortunately, this causes problems in the header.

Easiest this is just to show you. Here is the original site:
    http://smtsuppliesDOTcom

And now here is the staging site so you can see the header problems:
    http://2staging.apswittcosalesDOTcom/

As you can see, I got rid of the superfluous HOME link and then I stacked the Log In, Cart, Etc on the right. But there is an object that is under the text on the right that is causing weirdness. I think it's a simple css thing, I just cant figure it out!

Can somebody take a look and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fun with CSS! :(

Good morning

I'm not quite seeing what you are saying. What I see is that the stuff on the right got pushed down and you added some code for social media, which is partly hidden. I still see the "home" on both menu's? So 1. How did you change the width and 2. where would you like facebook and so to show?

L

Plugin Contributions

I think the funny "box" you are referring to is header_right. If you remove the width:170px it aligns the right side but you still have your social media buttons not correct.

Plugin Contributions

Hi lruskauff,

Thanks for the input!

Sorry, I forgot that in both examples I had already removed the extra HOME button that used to appear in the upper right. I'm not about social media stuff. We only need FB and G+, and they are looking fine floating out there on the left (that's where I want them).

Indeed, header_right appears to be the issue. Removing the width is helpful, but still need to remove another 30px of space.

Grrr!!! I am so bad with CSS!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Hi lruskauff,

Thanks for the input!

Sorry, I forgot that in both examples I had already removed the extra HOME button that used to appear in the upper right. I'm not about social media stuff. We only need FB and G+, and they are looking fine floating out there on the left (that's where I want them).

Indeed, header_right appears to be the issue. Removing the width is helpful, but still need to remove another 30px of space.

Grrr!!! I am so bad with CSS!
    If you are just starting with the new template I would urge you to use the latest version of Responsive Sheffield Blue, 2.0. It is a lot more advanced than the old version.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you are just starting with the new template I would urge you to use the latest version of Responsive Sheffield Blue, 2.0. It is a lot more advanced than the old version.

Thanks,

Anne

I'm just updating, not building from scratch. Thank you for your wonderful template!
    +++

I believe I have this licked now. All I did was delete the CSS highlighted in red.
    #header-right{width:500px;float:right;margin-top:30px;}
    #navMain ul {margin: 0;padding: 0.5em 0em;list-style-type: none;text-align: center;line-height: 1.5em;float:right;margin-top:40px;background:transparent;padding:15px;margin-top:3px;-moz-border-radius: 5px;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;border-radius: 5px;}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    I'm just updating, not building from scratch. Thank you for your wonderful template!
    +++

I believe I have this licked now. All I did was delete the CSS highlighted in red.
    #header-right{width:500px;float:right;margin-top:30px;}
    #navMain ul {margin: 0;padding: 0.5em 0em;list-style-type: none;text-align: center;line-height: 1.5em;float:right;margin-top:40px;background:transparent;padding:15px;margin-top:3px;-moz-border-radius: 5px;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;border-radius: 5px;}
    I can't see you social media on my iPad, just peeks out. If you switched templates, you would have a responsive one :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    I can't see you social media on my iPad, just peeks out. If you switched templates, you would have a responsive one :)
    Aaaah! Ok, thank you. Yes, this needs to be addressed!