Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Can't Log In

I recently installed v154 into a test directory, then copied the database from my live store and upgraded the database via the installation script. Everything appears fine...categories and products are intact, I can log in to admin...but I can not log in as a customer. When I log in, it just redirects home (or to the cart, depending on what I am doing), but shows I am not logged in. I am using the default theme and have cleared my cookies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Can't Log In

What's the URL where this can be seen in action?
    Does the server have URL-rewriting turned on that could be interfering with the "test directory" in your URL?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

https://www.inthecountrygardenandgif...ain_page=index

No url rewrite that should interfere, to my knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You've got something else starting a PHP session before Zen Cart can. This is evident by the presence of the "default" session cookie named PHPSESSID which gets set on all your pages, but shouldn't be set at all.

This could be a result of the php.ini having a session.auto-start setting enabled when it should be off.
    It could also be a result of having some other code loading on the site that intercepts or interrupts the normal Zen Cart operation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If it was the php.ini issue, wouldn't that affect my live site, too? That one works fine.

Plugin Contributions

I did a new installation...imported my database from my live store and upgraded. Customer login work now! However, I can not login to the admin. I've reset my password and it when I login it just loops back to the login screen. No errors.

I've talked with my webhost and session.auto-start is off.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    I did a new installation...imported my database from my live store and upgraded. Customer login work now! However, I can not login to the admin. I've reset my password and it when I login it just loops back to the login screen. No errors.

I've talked with my webhost and session.auto-start is off.
    Have you gone through all of the FAQ on not being able to login after installation?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

After reinstalling twice...then not being able to login to the admin area because of incorrectly setting up SSL options...it now seems to be working correctly...customer and admin!!!!! I appreciate everyone's help.