Thread: easy populate?

Plugin Contributions

Default easy populate?

Hello, before I bigin I must explain that I am not a tech person and I am completely blind,please see my profile.
    My current problem is that I have installed the whole system twice and all seems well until I install the latest easy populate.
    I have followed the instructions that I can hear but when I go to admin/tools/easypopulate I can hear a message at the head of the page that says: Easy Populate Configuration Missing. Please install your configuration by clicking here .

When I click on the linnk I just get a message that the page cannot be found/?

I have double checked all permissions etc but cannot find the problem, is there anyone here that can help me to move forwards past this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: easy populate?

First, totally cool that you are able to do what you do.

Second, when you say the latest version of easy populate, are you able to identify anything that would guide one to which version was installed? There are basically two referenced from the forum. Knowing where one can go to provide detailed instructions will he'll significantly.

The error message described appears to mean that one or more files were not successfully loaded to the correct or expected location.

If the error was Easy Populate "Uploads Folder" missing! Then the solution is simple.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello and thank you for your very prompt response, and also thank you for your comment of cool, I will endeavour to work hard at this because Zencart talks to me like other systems do not, and also it is highly and continually developed by very unique people, when I finally succeed I intend writing a book about my experience and dedicate it to zencart, the whole experience is surpassing all of my expectations so far.
    Ok so you asked me about the model that I installed and it was: easy_populate_csv_for_zencart_v1.5.x_v1.2.6 .
    and also I am assuming that the upload folder that you refer to is cart/tempep and it is there and set 755 schmod .
    I hope this helps
    Nigel

Plugin Contributions

It does help.

I would also like to point out that there is a forum specifically for that version of Easy Populate. It can be found at: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-2-5-4-support

While I do not use that version of Easy Populate, I have seen that there are have been issues with it working in Zen Cart Version 1.5.4. But I haven't seen the error that you describe in that forum.

It is good that you have verified that the upload directory exists and has the proper permissions. The file or files that I was talking about not being successfully uploaded are related to the program itself and not the file or files created by Easy Populate. If you were using EasyPopulate version 4 with the forum found at: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread and the program downloadable directly from: https://github.com/chaddro/EasyPopul...ive/master.zip which is a location found on github (the link is referenced in the lower right hand corner with button text that states download zip). There is a slightly upgraded version that still needs feedback on before committing it to the central storage area. I will say that if you use Stock By Attributes that there are some modifications needed to work with the version downloadable above. The corrected and most recent version can be downloaded directly from: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...ive/master.zip

Okay enough of that.

Generally speaking, the files for easy populate are uploaded only to the admin directory and the sub-folders of it with all files in the download arranged in their sequence to be able to just upload the contents of the admin folder from the package to the admin folder of the store. EasyPopulate version 4, also referred to as EP4, does have one additional file to be uploaded that is not in the main directory structure and depends on which version of Zen Cart is being used. The file is to provide the menu option to provide the main easy populate screen. This file appears to have been uploaded as necessary to support operation, otherwise you wouldn't have had the link to click and get the error you have.

I am wondering if perhaps the includes/functions/extra_functions file that is likely a part of the program hasn't been uploaded. More than likely you would not have known about its absence without possibly identifying other items missing from the screen or reviewing the zen cart logs folder to identify logged errors related to its absence.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello and thank you once again,
    I have double checked that all folders and files exist as a precaution, I can confirm that they do, I also reinstalled them just in case there was some corruption.
    Because I am blind I have to install each and every file and folder individually so that I can hear them install, mainly to assure myself of their presence, quite labourious but I want to ensure that I am being meticulous of every detail.
    I must say that you are very knowledgeable which gives me great confidence in talking to this forum.
    I will go over and check out the other options that you gave me and see what else I can find out in pursuit of this problem.
    I have also been given the option of live feeds from my drop ship company, do you know of anyone elsr using Zencart who is successful with live feeds for categories and products? .
    My drop ship company actually mentions Zencart as an example and I wonder if that is a better route for me.

Thank you once again for your assistance
    Nigel