Plugin Contributions

Default PP EC errors 10413 and 10426 same sale

Quite a few error files.

The line items and totals appear correct in the first file that shows a 10413 error
    2nd file in the progression shows the sales tax being removed.
    3rd file in the progression shows success but sales tax has been removed.
    4th file much longer and has the notice regarding PP wacky math.

Total presented for payment on my paypal page shows the invoice total without sales tax.

Click OK for payment on PP website.
    Upon transfer back to the ZC confirmation page, big RED banner indicating 10426 error.

I can attach the 4 debug files after I sanitize identifiable information.

I have edited the files frank18 indicated in THIS THREAD
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?209786-Shopping-cart-Subtotal-not-equal-Checkout-Subtotal-%28rounding-error%29/page2

Same error files generated before and after that change.
    I have generated 3-4 dozen files today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPreturn10426error.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	15597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PPpaymentscreen.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	15598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PaymentPageSentToPayPal.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	15599
    Last edited by RixStix; 11 Sep 2015 at 11:27 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PP EC errors 10413 and 10426 same sale

PayPal myDEBUG files

This seems to be occurring much more frequently than in the past. One customer caused 2 dozen PayPal files to be generated earlier today before getting fed up and used a credit card. In the past, the error occurred but payment was processed after the DEBUG mentioning having to fix PP fuzzy math.

I duplicated that order and PP files are duplicated every time.

Should have said
    ZC 1.5.4 upgraded from 1.5.3 etal
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

So many debug files that my eyes feel like they're swimming with the bugs.

From what I can see, ZenCart is removing the sales tax (zeroing it) from the data being transmitted to PP. So it does stand to reason that the 10426 error because the totals do not match is an accurate error. That seems to occur with any order quantity if the purchaser lives in a taxable location.

Possibly a second issue is that 10413 error occurs when a quantity of 0.5 units is in the cart. No other quantity (that I have found) causes the error.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

ZC first attempts the actual data, but then if it's rejected because of some line-item reason, it attempts to recalc by stuffing tax into a single line item instead of specifying it as tax. If that fails it falls back to submitting everything as a lump purchase price w/o line item details. It's all to mitigate against obscure complications caused by fractional quantities and fractional tax rates.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I finally get to a PP screen, the order total does not contain the tax amount. Thus, the total PP is presenting me does not match the ZC order total which is seems to make the 10426 error legitimate because the tax is not included anywhere within the total sent to PP.

Now that does not explain a non-taxable customer receiving the 10426 error. But that can be reproduced when 0.5 unit are in the cart. No other quantity, that I've found, will reproduce the error.

I keep generating the same logfiles hoping for a different result but that is not happening. I have seen the dbug files reference PP fuzzy math before but until recently never have seen it prevent the order from completing. Probably because the orders were not taxable.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps this may help your fractional-quantities issue? https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/500/files

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

For some reason, the fractional quantity issue for only 0.5 units that I have been able to recreate since a customer generated 23 logfiles yesterday, can no longer be recreated. This has been between my last post and this one. The only edits that I have made were those mentioned in frank18 post and those edits made no difference yesterday.

It was for only 0.5 units. 0.3, 0.4, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 or 1.5 units would not cause a PP issue with checkout totals.

I will still implement those edits. TNX Dr Byte.

Now, if only the removal of the sales tax can be remedied. From what you said, ZC does remove the sales tax but is supposed to add it back somewhere so that the Payment amount within the PP payment page equals the order total on the ZC side. I cannot find it being added back into the total being transmitted to PP.

I'm open to any suggestions.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps this may help your fractional-quantities issue? https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/500/files
    YES. Thank you. The issue with Sales Tax also disappeared after making those edits.

Have some coffee and donuts on me.... TNX again.
    Last edited by RixStix; 13 Sep 2015 at 12:22 AM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    YES. Thank you. The issue with Sales Tax also disappeared after making those edits.
    Whew !