Thread: Attributes

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes

I may be pushing my luck here but here does.

Part of my craft shop is selling parts to make jewellery and will have many seed beads on it. All the seed beads have part numbers. Instead of each type, colour and size of bead, I would like to be able to give my customer one place make the selection. I know now how to setup the Attributes but cannot work out how to attach a part number to the selected bead.

Example:

Customer one: Selects 12mm, round blue bead - orders it and in the order is part no. SB0125
    Customer two: Selects 10mm, Cube red bead - orders it and in the order is part no. QT012

I think I am really pushing this one. Sorry guys. If it is not possible, please just say so. Thanks.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes

Stock by attributes by potteryhouse adds this capability to accomplish what you say you want.

https://github.com/potteryhouse
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Stock by attributes by potteryhouse adds this capability to accomplish what you say you want.

https://github.com/potteryhouse
    Downloading and extracting as I write this reply. Thanks mate & potteryhouse
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Before I try only to find out that I cannot do it, I will ask the question.

Can this plugin change the attributes as the customer selects different products?

E.G.

Customer one wants a size 6, the colours available are red green and blue
    Customer two wants a size 9, the colours available are orange blue and pink
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    Before I try only to find out that I cannot do it, I will ask the question.

Can this plugin change the attributes as the customer selects different products?

E.G.

Customer one wants a size 6, the colours available are red green and blue
    Customer two wants a size 9, the colours available are orange blue and pink
    If you use the option to hide out-of-stock options, then yes if properly setup such a "display" is available at this time. It would first require that shoes/items be populated through the attributes controller with all sizes possible, and all potential colors possible regardless of size. Then in the tools stock by attributes options, create a combination variant for all sizes and colors such that one variant exists for each size/color combination. Ie. A 6 red, a 6 green, a 6 blue, a 6 orange, and a 6 pink. For those combinations that do not exist, select a value or stock quantity of 0. For those that do, provide a quantity.

The option to display the quantity remaining *and* to only dsplay remaining quantity for product that truly can exiist at the same time is not yet incorporated. (Ie. Above it appears that 6 pink was never a product that existed, but for the operation of the plugin at this time, it needs to be recognized. Ideally in a future state, not recognizing it (leaving it out of the list of variants) would imply it doesn't exist and that combination should not be shown. Because that portion is not yet incorporated, if out-of-stock attributes are turned on, then 6 pink would eternally. Be out-of-stock never to be back-ordered...)

Let's say, t has come a long way from how it previously performed when working with multiple attributes such as size/color or any additional combiination of option names.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If you use the option to hide out-of-stock options, then yes if properly setup such a "display".....
    Fantastic this is what I was asking. Sorry I could not work it out for myself and had to ask.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic this is what I was asking. Sorry I could not work it out for myself and had to ask.
    No problem, normally might recmmend installing on a test platform to see if accomplishes what is desired, but also between knowing that you are/were having issues with some other software and that there are several different options and arrangements and potential goals, well sometimes need to ask questions like that. Would be a good question to incorporate into the documentation.

Plugin Contributions

I have now using 1.5.5

I am adding pictures to my attributes. Using the 'Attributes Image Swatch' to load the pictures is a long and tedious method, is there a quicker way? E.G. upload all the attribute images and then put the image with the 'Option Value'
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

I have now using 1.5.5

I am adding pictures to my attributes. Using the 'Attributes Image Swatch' to load the pictures is a long and tedious method, is there a quicker way? E.G. upload all the attribute images and then put the image with the 'Option Value'
    There are multiple bulk data products that would simplify the association of the image to the product's attributes.

Thus the process could be in either order of image upload and data incorporate (continuous operational view by customers) or upload of the data and then the images (would get "image not found" related notices).