Plugin Contributions

Default Disabling column width and box width

Hi

Is there a way to disable by configuration the width layouts for columns and boxes width ?
    Or just through the tpl files removing this

<td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" style="width: <?php echo COLUMN_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>">

I guess this is safe to remove, but will it have any other impacts that I'm not seeing now ?

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disabling column width and box width

If I understand the question, check in Admin - Configuration - Layout Settings.

Plugin Contributions

thanks

I was trying to understand if the layout columns and boxes width are really needed .
    In the admin layout config, one can only insert a value, even if it's left empty the style="width: ", it's always rendered.

Probably, just creating a new configuration to be able to disable this, and make the changes in the tpl files.
    if it's enable
    <td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" style="width: 150px ">

if not
    <td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" >

something like that...

Best Regards
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I've managed to get around, (at least for now)

I've created a new configuration in the layout config to enable or disable de layout columns with

Code:
    INSERT INTO `zen154`.`configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (NULL, 'Disable Column / Boxes width', 'DISABLE_COLUMN_BOXES_WIDTH', '0', 'Disable columns and boxes with in the main tpl files', '19', NULL, NULL, '0001-01-01 00:00:00.000000', NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(''''1'''', ''''0'''')');
    Now in the tpl_main_page
    Something like this.....but there are 4 widths (left, right)...so probably this is not enough

PHP Code:
    $column_width  = ((DISABLE_COLUMN_BOXES_WIDTH) == 0) ? 'style="width:'COLUMN_WIDTH .'"'  ''
    So now in the columns and boxes

<td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" style="width: <?php echo COLUMN_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>">

becomes

<td id="navColumnOne" class="columnLeft" <?php echo $column_width; ?>>

and the other related files that managed this style=widths for Boxes and left / right columns.

I'm trying to make a template more html 5 style, that's why I'm trying to keep in the "zen way"
    I guess we could just delete this style: width.

Thanks