Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Removing Shipping Address Input

I would like to remove the highlighted section in the image below. Since our store doesn't need the shipping address (all our items are delivered to user selected drop points using the built in Store Pickup shipping method), this section is useless and redundant. I am using ZenCart 1.5.4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	173 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	15619

Yes, I know, I have an amazingly steady hand when it comes to highlighting. Try not to get too jealous

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Shipping Address Input

I would also like to get rid of this box:

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	74 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15620

Plugin Contributions

This is one thing that I wish ZenCart would make a little easier to find. Since there are so many different types of store setups, I would imagine that little tweaks like this would be something that a lot of people would like to do.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that you don't need ANY of the customer's actual address details? Doesn't your payment provider need to know the buyer's address to validate the credit card payment?

Zen Cart will automatically skip shipping details when customers are buying goods that don't require shipping. But your "pickup locations" approach is still a form of shipping/delivery. Thus to hack out the collection of otherwise necessary information you'll need to manually edit the requisite template files and any corresponding javascript validation code. See /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME_HERE/templates/tpl_xxxxxxxxxx.php (ie: create_account, login, modules_create_account, and perhaps also checkout_confirmation) and /includes/modules/pages/PAGE_NAME/jscript_xxxxx.js or .php.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, so what I am looking to do was to get rid of the shipping address info, but retain the billing address. Currently we are only accepting Cash, Credit, or Check on delivery, due to a couple different nuances of our store. Technically, then we don't even need the billing info at all, but for records and such we plan on keeping the billing address as part of the system.

I will take a look in the areas that you have suggested. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Alright so I got rid of all the unnecessary stuff on the checkout page, but now when I try to proceed, it gives me the following error.

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	15626

Would that be fixed through the JS that you mentioned? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    Would that be fixed through the JS that you mentioned? Thanks!
    yes .

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm there are a bunch of folders there. Which ones do you think the offending JS files are in?

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	15631

I looked in the folders checkout_payment_address and checkout_shipping_address, and there is a single JS file in each, both titled on_load_main.js. When I open them up, this is what I find:

Code:
    update_zone(document.checkout_address);

Same thing in both. Not quite sure where to go from here. Some direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have some ideas on this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Blenderite View Post
    Hmm there are a bunch of folders there. Which ones do you think the offending JS files are in?

I looked in the folders checkout_payment_address and checkout_shipping_address, and there is a single JS file in each, both titled on_load_main.js.

Same thing in both. Not quite sure where to go from here. Some direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    At the bottom of these files is where the field validation is enabled for the fields on the create-account and login pages:
    /includes/modules/pages/create_account/jscript_form_check.php
    /includes/modules/pages/login/jscript_form_check.php
    NOTE: Removing things from these files do NOT isolate the changes to just "shipping" addresses. Be sure you only change things that are relevant to your goals.
    NOTE: By default the Zen Cart account-creation screens collect "an address" and does NOT differentiate between shipping vs billing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast