Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping on Discount Coupons

Is there something I'm missing on discount coupons that offer free shipping? I've got the coupon working, but even with selecting free shipping on the coupon creator, it is still charging for it when checking out. I didn't put any zones on the coupon, and there are no product restrictions. Anything I'm missing? Thanks guys

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping on Discount Coupons

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Freeburg View Post
    Is there something I'm missing on discount coupons that offer free shipping? I've got the coupon working, but even with selecting free shipping on the coupon creator, it is still charging for it when checking out. I didn't put any zones on the coupon, and there are no product restrictions. Anything I'm missing? Thanks guys

You may want to look at this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....89#post1123589

Plugin Contributions

I just set one up w 10% and free shipping and it worked. I used 0 as coupon min, 1 use per customer. Your dates must be valid. Did u use a $ amt or %? What other discount modules do u have installed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    I just set one up w 10% and free shipping and it worked. I used 0 as coupon min, 1 use per customer. Your dates must be valid. Did u use a $ amt or %? What other discount modules do u have installed?
    I have it set up as an $80 coupon with free shipping. For shipping, I'm using table rate and free shipper. Going through the checkout process, it makes me select "best way" shipping, then on the next page, I type in the coupon code and it shows the breakdown. It adds up the products, adds in shipping cost, and then takes off the $80 coupon. So if shirts are $20, and they buy 4, it pushes them over the 80 dollar coupon and they end up having to pay for shipping. Do I need the other free shipping module installed?

Plugin Contributions

I am using table rates and free options. What do you have free shipper set to do? I'm also a little confused now as to what your coupon does? Are you wanting to offer free shipping when the min purchase goes over 80? Originally I thought u wanted to offer x amt off and free shipping. If you want option a, use free shipper. If you want b, use the coupon.

Plugin Contributions

To be honest I was just testing them out. But I was trying to get it basically give the customer $80 as well as free shipping. I didn't want the shipping cost to come out of the $80, but rather let them spend the entire $80 in the store on products, with free shipping. I'll check my settings on the free shipper and see if there is something there that is sticking out. thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

To be honest I was just testing them out. But I was trying to get it basically give the customer $80 as well as free shipping. I didn't want the shipping cost to come out of the $80, but rather let them spend the entire $80 in the store on products, with free shipping. I'll check my settings on the free shipper and see if there is something there that is sticking out. thanks for the help.
    I'm curious too now as to what it making it act that way, which is why I thought of free shipping modules. Try turning it off and/ or removing it ( record settings first) just to see if it is interfering.

L