Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade to v153; Storefront does not display

Hello,

My hosting company upgraded PHP, MySQL and Apache to 5.5, 5.6 and 2.4 respectively. That busted my Zencart 1.5.1 site, so I've upgraded it to 1.5.3 following the Zencart upgrade procedure that came with the Zencart release.

I made a copy of my 1.5.1 installation, and copied in all of the files that were new/changed from 1.5.2/1.5.3. Where site-specific code changes were made in 1.5.1, I carried them over into the changed files for 1.5.2/1.5.3.

I ran zc_install to upgrade the 1.5.1 database to 1.5.3 and that appeared to go well.

I can access the Admin Tool without any issues.

However, when I go my storefront...it doesn't show up. Instead, it takes me directly to the "Welcome, Please Log In..." page. This page looks to be a basic Zencart page with some remnants of my site mixed in. Here's a snapshot:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  60.8 KB

I'm missing something...any thoughts out there?

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade to v153; Storefront does not display

Well, I thought the instructions for upgrading from ZC 1.5.1 to ZC 1.5.3 Were to simply copy over all of the files for the file side and do the upgrade of the database...

So did your store formally goto the login page as the first thing when visiting the site?

Have you any error logs in the logs directory?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are a handful of problems happening there.

1. You've got the store in maintenance mode, which is doing some odd redirects for non-administrator visitors.
    2. That endless redirect stuff is probably happening because of custom URL rewrite rules you've put into an .htaccess file in your public_html and/or store153 folder. Probably wise to remove all rewrite rules until you sort out what's happening, and then work on putting back only what you really need for your site.
    3. The screenshot shows no sidebars. Is that intentional? If not, it suggests that you've added a new template that you've not fully configured by setting sideboxes in the Admin->Tools->Layout Box Controller screen.
    4. It's worth looking in your /logs folder for any PHP errors and dealing with those too. Make sure you're dealing with things that have current dates, not old ones.

Hopefully that gives a few things to peek at. Post back again if you have further questions so others can offer further insights for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

MC and DB...many thanks for your help! The site is up and fully functional as v1.5.3 now!

My original posting was done way past my bedtime, so lack of sleep and frustration were clouding my mind. After reading your posts, sure enough...I should've looked at the logs. The site uses Multi-Sites and I had failed to copy over a crucial 'include' line into the new configuration.php file.

Thank you! Tom

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tmt1630 View Post
    MC and DB...many thanks for your help! The site is up and fully functional as v1.5.3 now!

My original posting was done way past my bedtime, so lack of sleep and frustration were clouding my mind. After reading your posts, sure enough...I should've looked at the logs. The site uses Multi-Sites and I had failed to copy over a crucial 'include' line into the new configuration.php file.

Thank you! Tom
    Good information to have included in the original post, but glad that all squared away. So when ya' gonna upgrade to the latest? 1.5.4 has been out for almost 9 months now. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Good information to have included in the original post, but glad that all squared away. So when ya' gonna upgrade to the latest? 1.5.4 has been out for almost 9 months now. :)

And 1.5.5 is on it's way

Plugin Contributions

I've learned my lesson; I'm not going to wait for the hosting company to upgrade PHP, SQL and/or Apache! Already planning to apply 1.5.4 now....and if I have to turn around and do 1.5.5, then I will!

Tom