Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default T-Static - Missing Admin Menu

After installing 1.5.4 I got a blank admin page.

I then followed the instruction on this page:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1268233

Now the page opens, but there are no menu items.

m.fantasycostume.com
    17 Years and still just a "Follower." :P

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: T-Static - Missing Admin Menu

There were no log entries when the the admin menu items did not appear...

Plugin Contributions

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Dunno if this will fix the admin issues or not, but its a good place to start

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Great Suggestion Rod.

Can you tell me how to get to "Admin->Tools->Server Information" when there are no menu items to select?

##################################################___
    Tried some troubleshooting...

Reloaded the Admin Folder as suggested in another thread, and went back to blank admin.

Made change as stated in thread from first post and went back to admin with missing menu items.

Tried to run ZC_INSTALL thinking that it would do a database upgrade and got redirected to home page.

Plugin Contributions

Long term you should really have the hosting provider configure the server to run a newer version of PHP (5.2 and older are ancient in computer years). Once the account has been upgraded you can re-install Zen Cart 1.5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrusty View Post
    ... Tried to run ZC_INSTALL thinking that it would do a database upgrade and got redirected to home page.
    In order to run the Zen Cart installer, you may need to do one of the following (after uploading a clean copy of zc_install from the distribution zip matching the installed version of Zen Cart):

• Disable your alternative URLs plugin.
    • Add an rule to the .htaccess to not rewrite "zc_install".
    • Manually type in the full path (/zc_install/index.php).
    Last edited by lhungil; 29 Sep 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

So most likely cause of the absence of options within the admin screen (after the database upgrade is performed via zc_install process and only doing a database upgrade which has still not been complete as message still appears at top of webste) is one or more of the following database table data issues:
    - the admin profile(s) do not have a valid primary key number (non-zero)
    - the admin user(s) do not have a valid primary key number (non-zero)
    - the admin profile number assigned to the admin user is not valid/does not exist in the admn profile table.

These items would be best viewed from phpmyadmin or similar database viewing software and the user(s) may need to be reconstructed temporarily through: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

After gaining access, new users may need to be added and the old deleted to provide access by those users. I have yet to figure out why the above becomes necessary, but I have had to do those actions on more than one upgrade from those older versions and not entirely sure how they were able to login with that problem existing, but they could... Different sites, different owners/operators, different version histories, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So most likely cause of the absence of options within the admin screen (after the database upgrade is performed via zc_install process and only doing a database upgrade which has still not been complete as message still appears at top of webste) is one or more of the following database table data issues:
    - the admin profile number assigned to the admin user is not valid/does not exist in the admn profile table. ...
    Thank You for mentioning (I tend to forget about this one).

If after the OP performs the database upgrade (still shows not completed on the website) the issue persists, this would be the next item on the checklist!
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Thank You for mentioning (I tend to forget about this one).

If after the OP performs the database upgrade (still shows not completed on the website) the issue persists, this would be the next item on the checklist!
    Well, you know how it is with you and I, one of us posts something pertinent about the same time. :) glad you beat me to what you posted as it took long enough to thumb out what was above that I didn't want to include more than necessary.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Long term you should really have the hosting provider configure the server to run a newer version of PHP (5.2 and older are ancient in computer years). Once the account has been upgraded you can re-install Zen Cart 1.5.4.

In order to run the Zen Cart installer, you may need to do one of the following (after uploading a clean copy of zc_install from the distribution zip matching the installed version of Zen Cart):

• Disable your alternative URLs plugin.
    • Add an rule to the .htaccess to not rewrite "zc_install".
    • Manually type in the full path (/zc_install/index.php).

• Alternative URLs plugin not installed on this site this is from the htaccess file related to site in root directory (and others)
    • Add an rule to the .htaccess to not rewrite "zc_install". NOT NECESSARY
    • Manually type in the full path (/zc_install/index.php). Been doing this

Finally Plowed through the database upgrade issue by using the file hack described here:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?216711-Can-t-upgrade-database-doing-upgrade-from-1-5-1-to-1-5-4

After I got the database upgraded I tried logging in to the admin area using two different user names. Got no love.

Heading off to attempt admin primary key corrections mentioned by mc12345678

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    - the admin profile number assigned to the admin user is not valid/does not exist in the admn profile table.

These items would be best viewed from phpmyadmin or similar database viewing software and the user(s) may need to be reconstructed temporarily through: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

After gaining access, new users may need to be added and the old deleted to provide access by those users. I have yet to figure out why the above becomes necessary, but I have had to do those actions on more than one upgrade from those older versions and not entirely sure how they were able to login with that problem existing, but they could... Different sites, different owners/operators, different version histories, etc...

First I tried getting a password reset and log in. The Admin Menu items still did not show.

Then I tried resetting the admin user by using the instructions from http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44.

Still no Admin Menu items.

m.fantasycostume.com

CUURENT STATUS:

1) Fresh 1.5.4 install with NO PLUGINS
    2) Database upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4
    3) Login with old admin user names gets in but gives no menu items
    4) Login with new admin user generated by instructions on http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44 gives no admin menu items.

Also, I have been disabling the .htaccess file for testing to verify that it is not causing this issue.

Last edited by masterrusty; 30 Sep 2015 at 04:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast