Plugin Contributions

Default CHECKOUT ERROR: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor

Hi,
    I am getting an error code when I test checkout on my new website. I am in live mode on the paypal module.

I have another website which runs fine. When I add the paypal module details for API for my new site, I have put in the same details as my first site. Is this incorrect.
    Do I need to set up API for third party?

Thank you
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CHECKOUT ERROR: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor

1. Are you REALLY using the very old ZC v150 version from 2011 ... on a new site? There are a zillion important updates since then!

2. You didn't report what the actual error was. If debug-logging is enabled in the paypal module, there should be details recorded in the /logs (or in your old version it would be the /cache ) folder.

PayPal has made a LOT of security changes since 2011, and it's very possible that you won't be able to use v150 without patching it aggressively ... and thus using v155 would be a MUCH BETTER choice.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CHECKOUT ERROR: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    When I add the paypal module details for API for my new site, I have put in the same details as my first site. Is this incorrect.
    Do I need to set up API for third party?
    No, you can use the same credentials on multiple sites.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Sorry, forgot to add the website error...
    Error An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

I am using an older version as I copied over from my current site to make it easier then I will be thinking of updating. Just had not got around to it with my original site.

Thanks
    A

Plugin Contributions

Also, there is no debug log being created

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

() - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure
    From October 2014: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....t-announcement

Plugin Contributions

Also, there is no debug log being created
    Never mind, that ever-quick DrByte got there first.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.
    Will perform an update!

Is there a reason that my first website is not affected when it is on the same version?

Thanks
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is there a reason that my first website is not affected when it is on the same version?

Thanks
    A
    Probably, yes.

But both should be upgraded to a more modern version anyway.