Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Odd Paypal problem? Error 10004

Hello everyone,

I've just had a weird error happen in my cart.
    My cart's been running fine for 2 months now, even had other orders come in fine yesterday. I haven't made any changes since the errors with the Canada Post module from last month.

Anyways,
    This evening I received an order, the customer paid with PayPal. The transaction hasn't shown up in my PayPal account, there seems to be some info missing from the paypal transaction for the order in the cart. I have a unique transaction ID and when I look for it on PayPal's site, there's no info, it doesn't exist.

Also received this error message on the top of the screen in my cart:
    There was a problem retrieving transaction details. (Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) 10004

So I really don't know where to start to look for solutions to this one, any insights?

Is it a PayPal issue? Was the customer using an invalid/stolen credit card, or have an over-zealous CC decide the transaction was fraudulent? Or did my cart just randomly break? I really have no clue where to start looking.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Odd Paypal problem?

Hi

PayPal errors are here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...pi/errorcodes/

It looks like incorrect data sent but I would email the customer and ask them if they were having checkout problems. If they say no, then maybe they entered garbage. Or they might be helpful and give you detail like what they were checking out, which you could then try to replicate. Do you have any plugins installed to see what was left in shopping cart?

We're there any transactions after that? I had a few weird PayPal errors this past week but I could tell it was user error because they would try again and it would go through.

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Odd Paypal problem?

The payment that seemed stuck in limbo showed up a few hours later in PayPal and the data appeared complete at the same time in my cart. Just some severe delay.

Today I received several orders all without problem, but suddenly I have one stuck in the same limbo with the same error code. Will wait again for it to come unstuck.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Odd Paypal problem? Error 10004

thanks for letting us know .....if you have more problems come back, im sure someone w more knowledge will help.

Plugin Contributions

Having this issue today. Got an order and it is in zencart admin but not in paypal. I called paypal and it is a problem and they know about it. I did advise them that the time stamp of the paypal transaction (Timestamp: 2016-03-17T16:48:33Z) ,6 hours in the future(if it is all pacific time)! That could be why it does not show in paypal. The time-stamp in zencart (03/17/2016 10:48:34) was correct. I am also getting this message"There was a problem retrieving transaction details. (Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) 10004" on top of the admin page under "processing". Does zencart hit paypal to get info, every time I load this screen?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Cefalu View Post
    I am also getting this message"There was a problem retrieving transaction details. (Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) 10004" on top of the admin page under "processing".

Does zencart hit paypal to get info, every time I load this screen?
    Yes. It attempts to read the latest details of the order you're viewing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You Dr.

Plugin Contributions

Just thought I'd add my "me too" to this issue. I haven't seen the transactions show up yet in PayPal, but it hasn't been 6 hours yet. I did notice that the error log entries showed up about an hour after the initial transaction entries (which showed no errors).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A couple hours ago I saw an email from PayPal reporting that they're having a few delays/problems today.
    Best to talk to PayPal directly when experiencing anomalies like this. When something "suddenly stops working" it's rarely a Zen Cart problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah. With all the security update emails I've been getting lately I figured I'd better check both ends of things.

I've got another site that doesn't even use Zen Cart having the same issues, so definitely something going on on PP's end. Thanks for the word about the email from PP; I hadn't seen anything official yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast