Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't access admin section after changing DB password

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    but it was working fine until i changed the DB password - that's all i changed.. I need access asap as we have orders to process.. an upgrade will take weeks.
    GOT IT... did NOT have to upgrade.. the admin configure file was formatted wrong?? i edited it in notepad to make it identical to the dist-configure.php file and moved it and it works..
    It seems that for now things are working then. Be advised though: 1) yes it stopped working after "operator error" the incorrect upload of the admin/includes/configure.php, but the php version could be changed without your doing and therefore could cause a larger problem. 2) an upgrade/rebuild should not take weeks to perform if talking about simply updating just the operating system portion especiially from 1.5.1... 3) the particular "upgrade" identified in the second link merely required uploading (possibly with some merging) files from a slightly more recent version that would make/keep the store operational under the more recent versions of PHP. Not doing something to upgrade the files even a little is taking a significant risk... Consider the impact of the site going down and no sales even able to be taken on the customer side... At least in the above situation the store front worked and you could have limped along using just phpmyadmin as a work-around...

Glad the store is working again, but hopefully it can continue operating based on your future decisions.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It seems that for now things are working then. Be advised though: 1) yes it stopped working after "operator error" the incorrect upload of the admin/includes/configure.php, but the php version could be changed without your doing and therefore could cause a larger problem. 2) an upgrade/rebuild should not take weeks to perform if talking about simply updating just the operating system portion especiially from 1.5.1... 3) the particular "upgrade" identified in the second link merely required uploading (possibly with some merging) files from a slightly more recent version that would make/keep the store operational under the more recent versions of PHP. Not doing something to upgrade the files even a little is taking a significant risk... Consider the impact of the site going down and no sales even able to be taken on the customer side... At least in the above situation the store front worked and you could have limped along using just phpmyadmin as a work-around...

Glad the store is working again, but hopefully it can continue operating based on your future decisions.
    yes i fully intend to upgrade.. it's always like going to the dentist for me with zen cart though.. i've been using them for about 7 years and every upgrade has been a nightmare.. mostly because of all of the custom coding that has been used.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for all of your help..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ZC 1.5.1, correct?

Have you modified the includes/functions/html_output.php file to change or address the need to assign/cast the SESSIONS constant I think it was? It's a change that is incorporated in more recent ZC versions and causes if I remember correctly memory to be exhasted similar to what is reported here... Though I am a little surprised to see adm error logs that don't include the admin directory path, generally speaking...
    hey do you know how i edit previous posts?? i'd like to take out the coding i posted in one post but there is no edit button for that post.

Plugin Contributions

hey do you know how i edit previous posts?? i'd like to take out the coding i posted in one post but there is no edit button for that post.
    There's a time limit on when you can directly edit the post, otherwise have to write to the "staff" and ask that information be removed... Sometimes they will somehow catch it quickly and immediately (only going out to those subscribed) but if not mistaken that was the same post to which I was referring above. I chose not to reply with quote so as not to exacerbate the issue in particular because I would have to navigate through the previous post to try to identify each item of concern...

As for the upgrade/rebuild process if the changes could be applied outside of the default ZC files (template overrides) then the upgrade process should not be so bad... Upgrade through 1.5.x is far simpler than from previous to the current and really should be no more than a weekend task for full restoration, a few hours for standard operation most of that time being upload time...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234