Plugin Contributions

Default Help with Quick who´s online addon made for 1.3.8 not functioning properly on 1.5.4

Hi, folks,

I used to use one great addon, made for version 1.3.8., which basically didn´t do anything other than retrieve info about who´s online and posted it on admin index page.

I upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.5.4 few months ago, but still can´t manage to use this addon properly anymore,

the only problem is that all guests and customers are automatically visualized with green dot (as if they had an item in the basket) instead of the red one.

here is the txt file with instructions how to modify index page to show these info:

I Quick Whos Online.zip

could you please look at it and help me identify what I am missing? :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with Quick who´s online addon made for 1.3.8 not functioning properly on 1.5

Don't have a solution specifically to the coding (not able to access the zip at the moment) but is this considered more beneficial than the who's online feature under the tools menu?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with Quick who´s online addon made for 1.3.8 not functioning properly on 1.5

It´s linked with the classic who´s online feature - it doesn´t add anything other than quick glance on "who´s online" on your admin index

I really got used to it during last few years - you don´t have to go to the "who´s online" page, you just look in your admin area and you sea how many customers, how many "baskets" are there, etc...

I think I´m missing something very simple, but I can´t figure out what, no matter how hard I try to find the problem :-(

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Doomm View Post
    I used to use one great addon, made for version 1.3.8., which basically didn´t do anything other than retrieve info about who´s online and posted it on admin index page.

I upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.5.4 few months ago, but still can´t manage to use this addon properly anymore,

the only problem is that all guests and customers are automatically visualized with green dot (as if they had an item in the basket) instead of the red one.

here is the txt file with instructions how to modify index page to show these info:

I Quick Whos Online.zip

could you please look at it and help me identify what I am missing? :-)
    Nice add-on. I've not stumbled across this one before and it seemed ideal for one of my clients (that likes to leave the who's online page open and refreshing every 5 seconds even when he wasn't @ the computer. Perhaps this will help reduce this practice - and his bandwidth_.

Anyway, I digress. I performed a cut 'n' paste from the instructions provided and it all worked flawlessly first time.

I can't see what it would be that you are missing that would cause the symptoms you describe.

Although not a fix, what happens if you change
    --------------------------------------
    $spider_array = array();
    $status;
    ---------------------------------------

To
    --------------------------------------
    $spider_array = array();
    $status = 3 ;
    ---------------------------------------

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Nice add-on. I've not stumbled across this one before and it seemed ideal for one of my clients (that likes to leave the who's online page open and refreshing every 5 seconds even when he wasn't @ the computer. Perhaps this will help reduce this practice - and his bandwidth_. Anyway, I digress. I performed a cut 'n' paste from the instructions provided and it all worked flawlessly first time. I can't see what it would be that you are missing that would cause the symptoms you describe. Although not a fix, what happens if you change --------------------------------------$spider_array = array();$status;---------------------------------------To --------------------------------------$spider_array = array();$status = 3 ;--------------------------------------- CheersRodG
    I also digress but suggest perhaps a longer duration such as t=300 or so works fine. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you guys, that means this addon is OK to use on the newest zencart version and most probably I have something messed up during my upgrade... You helped me a lot :-)

If you´ll find this addon useful (I certainly did, when I came accross it 6 years ago), please, enjoy, it was published freely on czech support forum...