Thread: MobiZenCart

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default MobiZenCart

NOTE: This plugin is no longer support. Consider the Bootstrap 4 template instead.

Elegant new Zen Cart mobile theme built on the power of jQuery Mobile

Features
    1. Works with your current installation: No need for separate databases. MobiZenCart works by detecting mobile devices. Once it detect that your visitor is utilizing a mobile device, it displays the mobile version of your site. You can use whatever desktop theme you prefer
    2. Easy to install: Takes only minutes to install the files for your MobiZenCart theme because most files do not interfere with your current installation. If you can install an easy plugin, you can install MobiZenCart
    3. Built with jQuery Mobile: jQuery Mobile is a pretty safe choice for reaching the most people with the smallest effort. jQuery Mobile has the broadest range of device support. This has always been part of their mission through their exceptional adherence to Progressive Enhancement (PE)
    4. Mobile first but not mobile only: jQM was designed from the ground up with mobile in mind, but with some judicious use of Responsive Web Design (RWD), a single jQM project can service mobile, tablet, and even desktop

Download here: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2032
    Last edited by swguy; 11 Oct 2015 at 02:03 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MobiZenCart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobizencart-iPhone.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	15684
    MobiZenCart Home Page as seen on iPhone 6

Name:	mobizencart-iPad.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	15685
    MobiZenCart Home Page as seen on iPad Air

Plugin Contributions

Doesn't work correctly with a Blackberry Bold 9930...
    1) When navigating to the site, at first a "mobile" template is displayed, but then upon selecting any link on the page, the template changes to the "default" template... At this point the URI changes from demos... to www.demos... If the URI is modified again to remove the www. then the mobile template again shows until the next click of a link (excluding as described below).
    2) When pressing the Full Desktop link at the bottom of the page, nothing happens.

Appears not to detect and work as claimed and would think that such a device would be covered as it has been around to have support provided.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It seems to work fine for me in my iPhone 6, my iPad Air and on Android using a Samsung Galaxy Star Plus Duos S7262. Although you are right about the desktop link at the bottom which I will work on it to provide an update right away.
    Last edited by ultimate_zc; 11 Oct 2015 at 02:36 AM.

Plugin Contributions

What is a tablet supposed to be detected as? Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10"
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

The demo site is working without any issues.
    Here are some pictures of the theme on as shown on Android using a Samsung Galaxy S6

1. picture of the home page on an Android using a Samsung Galaxy S6
    2. picture of s product page after following a link from the home page
    3. picture of the site after tapping on the "View Desktop Site" link at the bottom

Name:	IMG_1690.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	15688 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1691.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	15689 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1692.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	15690

Plugin Contributions

Hello, is this work with Zen Cart v1.3.9h?

Plugin Contributions

No, I'm sorry. You could use a file comparison software to merge the changes. Compare the theme to a clean 1.3.9h installation and see what code doesn't belong there in order to make the appropriate changes. Most of the files are template based, by that I mean they use the template override system and will not interfere with any other theme.

Those that are core file will more than likely not interfere either since they will only override the display when viewed on mobile devices.

Plugin Contributions

What is a tablet supposed to be detected as?.
    Since you didn't answer, I can answer it now.

It appears that tablets are detected as mobile devices and expand the display intended for a small phone so that it occupies the entire tablet screen.
    Not very flattering on a 1366 x 768 screen in landscape orientation.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    What is a tablet supposed to be detected as?. Since you didn't answer, I can answer it now. It appears that tablets are detected as mobile devices and expand the display intended for a small phone so that it occupies the entire tablet screen.
    Really?
    Your profile has you as a retired engineer. Do you honestly need me to tell you that a tablet is a mobile device?

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Not very flattering on a 1366 x 768 screen in landscape orientation.
    No theme is flattering at whatever resolution with the ZenCart default demo images. They are small and unappealing.

The purpose of the MobiZenCart theme is to make the site useful to visitors on mobile devices. It is up to the store owners to provide good images of their products and arrange better settings for widths and heights so that the images display properly. You should not expect product images 100w x 80h pixels to actually look good in a screen displaying at 1366 pixels.

If you look at the demos included in my signature although not free and one of them not even available, you can see that with some tweaks to the settings, the theme can look much better.

As of this writing you have 1,164 posts. Are most of them just there to negatively criticize other people’s work? You have done nothing but criticize a FREE plugin without providing any useful feedback. Why don’t you limit the postings on this thread for people that may benefit from it with feedback I can work with to make the theme perhaps even more useful for others?

This FREE mobile theme works on smartphones and tablets without disrupting the site’s desktop theme. It is designed to be fast and useful to mobile users. Store owners are responsible to change the settings in order to display the pages the way they see fit. Upload the files, change settings, you are done. It is that simple

Name:	Screen Shot.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	15695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	15696 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 3.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	15697

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast