Thread: MobiZenCart

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MobiZenCart

Hello,

I just found this post.
    I am using currently my custom template 1.5.1.

Being far from skilled programmer there are some questions to be asked.
    I would greatly appreciate any respond.

1. Google send e-mail to all webstore owners about: "...The errors on these pages severely affect how mobile users are able to experience your website. These pages will not be seen as mobile-friendly by Google Search, and will therefore be displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users..."
    Is MobiZencart addresses this issue?

2. If I will install this MobiZencart modul, what should I do with my custom template.
    Will it still work for regular desk top version?
    Is there the same opportunity to make custom template for MobiZencart?

3. If basic Zen Cart is updated in future, how MobiZencart should be treated?
    Do you maintain it up to date?

4. Version 1.5.5 has Responsive template. Does it make MobiZencart absolete?

Please explain and thank you for your time in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone

I would like to express my gratitude to all of you that have given me some positive feedback about MobiZenCart. I guess I have to thanks the few that had some negative feedback as well since it made my theme stronger.

One positive outcome that I have experienced from building themes and plugins for ZenCart is the fact that I have been able to communicate with a number of people from all corners of the world. Japan, Italy, Israel, Costa Rica, China, Australia just to name a few are some of the places where ZenCart users and developers have made use of my work and have contacted me for either help and/or to thank me for my work. Two weeks ago I talked to a very nice gentleman who moved to Costa Rica from California and informed me that his sales have increased by 30% since using the MobiZenCart theme.

Unfortunately I currently have no plans to follow up with additional plugins/themes at least for now. I was working with some new responsive themes but my current responsibilities are keeping me too busy and my website ultimatezencart.com was not profitable enough for it to be worth the time I working on it.

I’m currently focusing on developing native apps for iOS and Android and don’t spend much time with ZenCart.

For that reason I wanted to inform current and future users of MobiZenCart that I have no plan to update the theme to future versions of ZenCart. I felt I should let you know so that you are aware before installing the theme on future updates and also because of the fact that any links to my site for demos are now dead since my site is no longer operational.

I had an awesome time learning to build ZenCart products and made a few good friends along the way.

Thank You and I wish the best of luck on your business.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Is anybody here?

Has somebody tried to use this add with v1.5.7b ?

Not all pages are (always) being loaded...

It seems, something is wrong with Jquery Mobile lib

But I am definitely not an expert im JS, so I cannot say, where is the isue exactly...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

jQueryMobile is dead since 2014-2016. (last official release was version 1.4.5, October 31 2014, with some unofficial alphas of newer versions later)

For a more modern, standards-based, responsive-mobile-first template, you're better off using the Bootstrap 4 template: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2191

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your prompt reply, DrByte

My (probably idiotic) idea was to find some template, where only mobile (not responsive) design is realised

(for some testing, as I do already have a shop using old legacy design template, which I am not ready to change at the moment anyway)

Thank you again for your hint.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345