Thread: Fetch As Google

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fetch As Google

I'm looking at the Google Search Console>Crawl>Fetch as Google. It shows me how the Googlebot sees the page and then the puzzling thing is how they say a visitor would see my page.

I don't understand the second row of menu items. When I view my home page on Firefox on a desktop, I don't see that second row. Maybe that is how it would be viewed on a much smaller device?

Name:  fetch.PNG
Views: 196
Size:  93.5 KB

www. designer perfume snob .com

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fetch As Google

Very similiar to what I see in Firefox (second menu is a little taller). Appears to be in the "handheld menu display section" - the related JS appears to force this second menu to show when the screen is 768px or wider.

Also seeing a number of 404 errors for social media images.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Very similiar to what I see in Firefox (second menu is a little taller). Appears to be in the "handheld menu display section" - the related JS appears to force this second menu to show when the screen is 768px or wider.

Also seeing a number of 404 errors for social media images.
    Does this second menu thing need to be addressed?

I'm not doing social media at this time. Is there a way I can fix those 404 errors?

Thank you :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    I'm looking at the Google Search Console>Crawl>Fetch as Google. It shows me how the Googlebot sees the page and then the puzzling thing is how they say a visitor would see my page.

I don't understand the second row of menu items. When I view my home page on Firefox on a desktop, I don't see that second row. Maybe that is how it would be viewed on a much smaller device?

Name:  fetch.PNG
Views: 196
Size:  93.5 KB

www. designer perfume snob .com

Thank you!
    Your site is failing the google mobile friendly test:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...umesnob.com%2F

If you are worried about SEO, this is a huge factor.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Your site is failing the google mobile friendly test:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...umesnob.com%2F

If you are worried about SEO, this is a huge factor.

Thanks,

Anne
    Yes Anne, I'm just going to have to wait a bit longer before I can hire someone to take care of that, but that's number one on my list when I am able to do so. Would fixing that eliminate the double menu?

Thank you~

Plugin Contributions

Interesting ... I just checked my site on woorank.com for various things and this is what I found under Mobile:

Mobile Friendliness: Very Good
    This web page is super optimized for Mobile Visitors.

(needs improvement) Touchscreen Readiness: Make the most important buttons/links large enough to be tapped easily.

Mobile Compatibility: Perfect, no embedded objects detected.

Font Size Legibility: Perfect, this web page's text is legible on mobile devices.

Mobile Viewport: Great, a configured viewport is present. The content fits within the specified viewport size.

(needs improvement) Mobile Speed: Slow

So, while a couple of factors are not at 100%, they still do recognize my site as being mobile friendly. Is it just that Google has more stringent guidelines?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Interesting ... Is it just that Google has more stringent guidelines?
    Could be because you still have issues with the site. Here are some examples:

HTTP 403 / Forbidden resources:
    You probably need to define the location to these in a language file (or edit the template which is referencing these files). If these are real files you want served as images... You should probably add the appropriate image extension for your images (for example: .jpg or .png)... Otherwise you will need to adjust the rule in the .htaccess file to stop blocking these.

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/FACEBOOK_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/YOUTUBE_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/GOOGLE_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/PINTEREST_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/BLOG_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/TWITTER_ICON"

Resources blocked via robots.txt:
    There are some extraneous spaces / carriage returns in your robots.txt file. This can confuse some well behaved crawlers (they may ignore some directives or interpret them differently than expected). This tool shows how some may misinterpret the current robots.txt on the site.

And for the search engines such as Google (which can handle the extraneous spaces / carriage returns - but the most specific directive is given precedence), you have requested the SE not crawl anything under "/includes/". This includes your Zen Cart theme (template) resources such as (but not limited to): CSS, images, and Javascript. Requesting the search engine not crawl the template resources is not a good idea as they are required for your website to display properly.

Keep in mind you should to test against the both the pages and the resources used by the pages (such as the stylesheet), not just the page URL. To see how Google reacts to your robots.txt use Google Search Console. To see how Bing reacts to your robots.txt use Fetch as Bingbot.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Could be because you still have issues with the site. Here are some examples:

HTTP 403 / Forbidden resources:
    You probably need to define the location to these in a language file (or edit the template which is referencing these files). If these are real files you want served as images... You should probably add the appropriate image extension for your images (for example: .jpg or .png)... Otherwise you will need to adjust the rule in the .htaccess file to stop blocking these.

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/FACEBOOK_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/YOUTUBE_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/GOOGLE_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/PINTEREST_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/BLOG_ICON"
    "NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - /includes/templates/avonlee_resp/images/TWITTER_ICON"

Resources blocked via robots.txt:
    There are some extraneous spaces / carriage returns in your robots.txt file. This can confuse some well behaved crawlers (they may ignore some directives or interpret them differently than expected). This tool shows how some may misinterpret the current robots.txt on the site.

And for the search engines such as Google (which can handle the extraneous spaces / carriage returns - but the most specific directive is given precedence), you have requested the SE not crawl anything under "/includes/". This includes your Zen Cart theme (template) resources such as (but not limited to): CSS, images, and Javascript. Requesting the search engine not crawl the template resources is not a good idea as they are required for your website to display properly.

Keep in mind you should to test against the both the pages and the resources used by the pages (such as the stylesheet), not just the page URL. To see how Google reacts to your robots.txt use Google Search Console. To see how Bing reacts to your robots.txt use Fetch as Bingbot.
    WOW! Thank you so much! I hope I can figure out how to fix these. I'll post results. Thanks again, that was a great effort!

Plugin Contributions

... I hope I can figure out how to fix these. I'll post results. ...
    Look forward to hearing if fixing the robots.txt entries helps (or if additional changes were needed).

Plugin Contributions

WOW! Thank you so much! I hope I can figure out how to fix these. I'll post results. Thanks again, that was a great effort!
    Hi
    Also, you will want to remove the admin directory from the robots file and then rename it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast