Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

database error database writing problem...

I've managed to install the V154, gotten everything working beautifully, rescued my db from 1.39h except my Define Main_Page isn't working as it should.

The Define Pages editor is trying to write to the db, and indeed it appears to do so. BUT, it isn't saving to the database.

The address in the resulting (kickedout of the admin, now your main page doesn't exist) page is: https://peppermaster.com/stage/shop/...hp&action=save (I've replaced the name of my admin) So, it's supposedly doing it's thing, but the resulting page is painted with my main site visual at peppermaster.com. So, possibly the Define Pages is having an addressing problem with its save as it's not finding the file because the ZC is on the stage root and not the main root.

It is NOT happening with the other pages in define Pages, just Main page; which was written within Define Pages as well as they. So, it's striking me very odd.

To add insult to injury, the db I rescued came from a bilingual ZC v. 138, so I believe the DP may be WRITING to that bilingual page, which doesn't exist, but I'm not getting an error message.

I've verified all of the install files to see what I've overwritten and if it is something in the files, I've missed it, I'm at a loss for which file to look in.

I looked in the logs and caches, and really can't figure out what is going wrong there either.

Perhaps something I rescued is telling the file to save to the bilingual page, but I don't know where THAT is.

So, if anyone can tell me where to find the code that tells the admin to write the copy from the Define Pages Main Page to the db, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you have a thought for the fix that I haven't thought of, please offer that as well.)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: database writing problem...

Define pages are not written to the database, they are written to files in the includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/html_includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/define_xxx.php files if the file exists in YOUR_TEMPLATE otherwise it writes to the html_includes directory. This writing is performed by the define_pages_editor.php file located in your admin directory and references file locations identified in your admin/includes/configure.php file... If the installation was done in accordance with iinstruction such as http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading then the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files should both be pointing to the correct base folder structure and editing the file(s) following the above structure.Further, when the define_main_page.php is selected for edit, the line above the text box area should provide the complete folder/file path for the file being edited... If that file path matches your expected location, then perhaps the file has access permissions set on it that prevent editing.As to the discussion of logs, the error logs in a default install of ZC 1.5.4 are directed to the logs directory off of the root of the store and are also identified in the above two configure.php files. Perhaps posting those to files (obscuring admin directory and db credentials) will shed some light on the issue if the above doesn't help.Please when posting identify what actions were attempted, what reviews were performed and the success/failure of each... This will help those helping you and possibly someone that ends up having the same issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Define pages are not written to the database, they are written to files in the includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/html_includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/define_xxx.php files if the file exists in YOUR_TEMPLATE otherwise it writes to the html_includes directory. This writing is performed by the define_pages_editor.php file located in your admin directory and references file locations identified in your admin/includes/configure.php file...
    All good and well. THE save is NOT writing to the file, it is bouncing me out to the main page of my site. If I go back, I am back into the admin I was just kicked out of.

If the installation was done in accordance with iinstruction such as http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading then the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files should both be pointing to the correct base folder structure and editing the file(s) following the above structure.
    I would love to have been able to do that, but I was unfortunately not in receipt of a build file showing WHAT had been added by the previous admin and had to fly by the seat of my pants to do that. So, NO, that procedure was not followed.

I am, at this point simply trying to save my data. Be that as it may, the includes/configure and the admin/includes/configure both point where they should as is testified by the fact that ALL of the other define pages, save just fine. As I said I am simply rescuing db files from the old version. I am not working with the same set up at all. The saving of the database has been done line by line. I'd have loved to have done this the "easy" way you describe.

Further, when the define_main_page.php is selected for edit, the line above the text box area should provide the complete folder/file path for the file being edited... If that file path matches your expected location, then perhaps the file has access permissions set on it that prevent editing.
    The define_main_page.php is set to 644, just like all the other define pages. So THAT is not the problem.

As to the discussion of logs, the error logs in a default install of ZC 1.5.4 are directed to the logs directory off of the root of the store and are also identified in the above two configure.php files. Perhaps posting those to files (obscuring admin directory and db credentials) will shed some light on the issue if the above doesn't help.
    That's a useful log file to have. I've been using the cache file and saving to the db when not in production.

The log file reads:

[09-Mar-2015 17:01:00 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: require_once(C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11/data/localweb/projects/product/plugins/riCjLoader/RiCjLoaderPlugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11\data\localweb\projects\productbackup\includes\init_includes\init_ricjlo ader.php on line 12

[09-Mar-2015 17:01:00 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11/data/localweb/projects/product/plugins/riCjLoader/RiCjLoaderPlugin.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11\data\localweb\projects\productbackup\includes\init_includes\init_ricjlo ader.php on line 12
    I have searched the files using the admin developers tool and I find NO code calling the "require_once" listed in the log. THAT is the file/db entry -- whichever it might be, that I seek.

I don't have these files in the copy of our old site that I have. So, obviously there is a module that I missed. I have no right clue what it is or where it is written into my code.

I have searched to find out what the file it's looking for and I cannot find that either.

Please when posting identify what actions were attempted, what reviews were performed and the success/failure of each... This will help those helping you and possibly someone that ends up having the same issue.
    The only actions I am attempting is to SAVE the edits to the define page in the define editor. When I hit enter it resorts to main site's page not found. There is no error message, other than what is in that log file.

I appreciate the help. I'm scratching my head here.

Also please forgive me if you think I'm not quite speaking your language. I am self-taught here and I think my teacher is a drunk. ;)

Plugin Contributions

Nope, language seems fine. Basically all the questions/actions were described throughout, thoough one question is not specifically answered (path of define_main_page.php when attempting to edit it).

So the next thing to discover/understand is what the content is being entered? Though, technically to get the content immediately pushed to the site you could directly edit the file using a plain text editor...

If posting the content please enclose in [CODE][/CODE] tags created by pressing the # symbol in the message reply toolbar.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperfire View Post
    It is NOT happening with the other pages in define Pages, just Main page; which was written within Define Pages as well as they. So, it's striking me very odd.
    Odd. but very useful. There isn't really much that could cause this symptom.

To add insult to injury, the db I rescued came from a bilingual ZC v. 138, so I believe the DP may be WRITING to that bilingual page, which doesn't exist, but I'm not getting an error message.
    It's probably nothing to do with the DB, but could (probably is) related being bilingual.

So, if anyone can tell me where to find the code that tells the admin to write the copy from the Define Pages Main Page to the db, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you have a thought for the fix that I haven't thought of, please offer that as well.)

Suggestion:

Replace the /includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOURTEMPLATE/define_main_page.php with a copy of one of the other define_* pages that you know is editable, then try to edit it (as the define_main_page). Only make a minor edit before resaving.

Whether it saves or not will determine your next step. Assuming it does save OK, revert back to the original main page.php (you made a backup right?) - Open it into the editor. Highlight and select/copy all contents. Revert back to the editable file, and replace its contents with your copied version, then resave.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I would love to have been able to do that, but I was unfortunately not in receipt of a build file showing WHAT had been added by the previous admin and had to fly by the seat of my pants to do that. So, NO, that procedure was not followed.
    Actually if you still have the fileset you can download an old copy of the previous ZC version from http://www.zen-cart.com/getit and compare the clean version against the "old" version, but at this point I'd wait to do this until a functional version was up...
    That's a useful log file to have. I've been using the cache file and saving to the db when not in production.

The log file reads:

Code:
    [09-Mar-2015 17:01:00 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11/data/localweb/projects/product/plugins/riCjLoader/RiCjLoaderPlugin.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11\data\localweb\projects\productbackup\includes\init_includes\init_ricjlo ader.php on line 12
    I have searched the files using the admin developers tool and I find NO code calling the "require_once" listed in the log. THAT is the file/db entry -- whichever it might be, that I seek.

I don't have these files in the copy of our old site that I have. So, obviously there is a module that I missed. I have no right clue what it is or where it is written into my code.

I have searched to find out what the file it's looking for and I cannot find that either.
    The problem file (causing the logged error but not necessarily causing the issue of the OP) is: C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11\data\localweb\projects\productbackup\includes\init_includes\init_ricjlo ader.php

Because it is in the init_includes folder (and likely called by another loader elsewhere to be discovered after removal of that file) it is trying to do it's thing which it can not because of whatever else is missing or not right.

I'm pretty sure someone will say that should address the original issue first... Regardless keep track of what you're doing, what needs to be done, and while I suggest enjoying your Saturday don't get to be like your teacher.

Plugin Contributions

I would love to have been able to do that, but I was unfortunately not in receipt of a build file showing WHAT had been added...
    The saving of the database has been done line by line
    Can you outline then how you have upgraded
    Please explain what steps you are taking to perform your "line by line" statement
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Can you outline then how you have upgraded
    Please explain what steps you are taking to perform your "line by line" statement
    I installed version 1.54 clean, then began adding the modules I know are in the old cart. (http://www.peppermaster.com/product). I took great care to go line by line through each of the files for the modules as I did so.

Then I exported the database for 1.54 and I migrated data line by data line all of the information I could save from the old db. Literally. I have been working at this a long time already.

I thought everything was working perfectly because I experienced no problems with the clean site, so I started to paint the CSS. Unfortunately, I keep breaking things and discovering new things missing, or things like some file I installed not uploading correctly. I don't expect to discover that the file error is even remotely connected to this, but I have been going into the cache file to find the error and fixing them one by one. The log file, is useful to the extreme. Glad to learn of that file's existence.

It seems everytime I fix something, something new breaks. So, I fix that. I expect that once I fix THIS problem I will find others that need fixing as well. I'm VERY old school. I have no other knowledge of how to trouble shoot the upgrade of this site any other way.

I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm trying very well. I'm quite proud of what I've accomplished.

At this moment, I have a couple of suggestions, it seems I have two problems (unrelated) to fix. As someone above noted, I will perform the suggestions posted and come back with my results.

Thanks to you and everyone who posted for their help!

Plugin Contributions

I migrated data line by data line all of the information I could save from the old db
    That is really not the way to do this at all

I suggest that you backup the DB that you have worked on and save it locally

Then do a full backup of your live site DB(make sure to check "add drop table" statement when doing this) - and import it into your 1.5.4 DB

Then run zc_install and select upgrade DB only

You should then be good to go
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    That is really not the way to do this at all

I suggest that you backup the DB that you have worked on and save it locally

Then do a full backup of your live site DB(make sure to check "add drop table" statement when doing this) - and import it into your 1.5.4 DB

Then run zc_install and select upgrade DB only

You should then be good to go
    That worked beautifully right until I go into the back office or the db and I get nada and I'm back to starting from scratch again. No clients, no products, no history. I've got a lovely brand new empty ready to do ZC 1.54 though.

http://www.peppermaster.com/stage/shop2

The log files for the experience:

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:27 -- inspect
    /admin/includes/configure.php does not exist

---------------
    FATAL: store configure.php is not writeable

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:34 -- database_upgrade
    NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 25 - See details at bottom of page for your inspection. - (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.) - Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored, - as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site. - If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left), - you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site.

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:35 -- database_upgrade
    NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 4 - See details at bottom of page for your inspection. - (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.) - Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored, - as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site. - If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left), - you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site.
    and

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 19:43 -- inspect
    System Inspection Results:
    ------------------------------
    NA: Webserver => Apache
    NA: HTTP Host => peppermaster.com
    NA: Path_Translated => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/zc_install/index.php(SCRIPT_FILENAME)
    NA: Real Path => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2
    NA: Server Free Disk Space => 1133.38 GB
    NA: PHP O/S => Linux
    NA: PHP API Mode => cgi-fcgi
    NA: PHP Max Execution Time per page => 90
    OK: Register Globals => OFF
    OK: MySQL Support => ON
    OK: PHP Version => 5.3.29
    OK: PHP Safe Mode => OFF
    OK: PHP Sessions Support => ON
    OK: PHP Session.AutoStart => OFF
    OK: PHP session.use_trans_sid => OFF
    OK: Suggested SQL Cache Folder => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache
    OK: PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting => OFF
    OK: PHP magic_quotes_sybase setting => OFF
    OK: PHP GD Support => ON
    OK: GD Version => GD bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
    OK: PHP ZLIB Compression Support => ON
    OK: PHP OpenSSL Support => ON
    OK: PHP cURL Support => ON
    OK: CURL NON-SSL Capability => Okay
    OK: CURL SSL Capability => Okay
    OK: PHP Upload Support => ON upload_max_filesize=64M; post_max_size=64M
    OK: PHP Upload TMP dir =>
    OK: Apache .htaccess Support => ON
    NA: PHP include_path => .:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php
    NA: PHP SMTP destination => localhost
    NA: PHP sendmail path => /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    NA: PHP sendmail 'from' =>
    OK: PHP open_basedir restrictions =>
    OK: PHP Output Buffering (gzip) => ON
    OK: PHP XML Support => ON
    OK: PHP Session.Save_Path => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache-->Writeable
    OK: includes/configure.php => Writeable
    OK: admin/includes/configure.php => Writeable
    OK: cache => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: images => OK 777 read/write/execute (INCLUDE SUBDIRECTORIES TOO)
    OK: includes/languages/english/html_includes => OK 777 read/write (INCLUDE SUBDIRECTORIES TOO)
    OK: logs => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: media => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: pub => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: admin/backups => OK 777 read/write
    OK: admin/images/graphs => OK 777 read/write/execute
    PHP Extensions compiled: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, hash, filter, ftp, gettext, gmp, SPL, iconv, pcntl, readline, Reflection, session, standard, shmop, SimpleXML, exif, tokenizer, xml, cgi-fcgi, bcmath, dom, enchant, fileinfo, gd, imagick, imap, intl, json, mbstring, mcrypt, mysql, mysqli, mysqlnd, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, pspell, sockets, tidy, wddx, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, mhash, ionCube Loader, SourceGuardian, Zend Guard Loader

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:04 -- database_setup1
    Installer - Page: database_setup -- collected information: Array
    (
    [language] => english
    [DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE] => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache
    [DB_TYPE] => mysql
    [DB_PREFIX] =>
    [DB_CHARSET] => utf8
    [DB_SERVER] => localhost
    [DB_SERVER_USERNAME] => pepperma_admin
    [DB_SERVER_PASSWORD] => ***private***
    [DB_DATABASE] => pepperma_shop2
    [SQL_CACHE_METHOD] => file
    )

---------------
    /admin/includes/configure.php does not exist

---------------
    FATAL: store configure.php is not writeable

---------------
    NA: Path_Translated => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/zc_install/index.php(SCRIPT_FILENAME)
    NA: Server Free Disk Space => 1133.43 GB
    OK: Current SQL Cache Folder => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache-->Writeable
    NA: PHP include_path => .:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php
    OK: PHP Session.Save_Path => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache-->Writeable
    FAIL: includes/configure.php => <span class='errors'>Unwriteable</span>
    FAIL: admin/includes/configure.php => NOT FOUND
    OK: includes/languages/english/html_includes => OK 777 read/write (INCLUDE SUBDIRECTORIES TOO)
    WARN: admin/backups => <span class='errors'>Unwriteable</span> 777 read/write
    WARN: admin/images/graphs => <span class='errors'>Unwriteable</span> 777 read/write/execute
    PHP Extensions compiled: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, hash, filter, ftp, gettext, gmp, SPL, iconv, pcntl, readline, Reflection, session, standard, shmop, SimpleXML, exif, tokenizer, xml, cgi-fcgi, bcmath, dom, enchant, fileinfo, gd, imagick, imap, intl, json, mbstring, mcrypt, mysql, mysqli, mysqlnd, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, pspell, sockets, tidy, wddx, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, mhash, ionCube Loader, SourceGuardian, Zend Guard Loader

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:29 -- inspect
    NA: Server Free Disk Space => 1133.45 GB
    OK: Current SQL Cache Folder => /home/pepperma/public_html/stage/shop2/cache-->Writeable

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:29 -- inspect
    NA: Server Free Disk Space => 1133.45 GB

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:34 -- database_upgrade
    NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 25 - See details at bottom of page for your inspection. - (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.) - Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored, - as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site. - If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left), - you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site.

---------------
    Oct 20 2015 20:35 -- database_upgrade
    NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 4 - See details at bottom of page for your inspection. - (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.) - Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored, - as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site. - If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left), - you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site.
    So, now I'm back to the starting point a nd I still don't have the db. Was it your intent to make me cry about this stupid thing again? maybe I should just go hire some shopify account and have done with it?

I'm sorry if this seems really simple to you, but now I'm just more confused than ever because, this should be so simple. And it really isn't.

So, I really do appreciate any help here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast