Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get custom module costs through to checkout?

Point was primarily too indicate the actions or requirements perceived to be needed by the shipping portion of ZC (or what may be necessary/desired of any eCommerce) in order to openly discuss shipping modules. Particularly because of the statement/description of how modules could handle the process better. Difficult to discuss a proposal without having the expected requirements (end state) formalized... More so when proposing changes. Ideally, more than a snippet will be addressed, though if that really is all that is/would be necessary then great. But the statement was made that it could be simplified. I'm all for simplification and seems like you have ideas, so figured would lay out the above to see what could be modified...

Wouldn't doubt that perhaps others might learn something from it and who knows improvement might be had. :)

I tried to go looking for the module "divider" but didn't readily come across it. Maybe I did and didn't realize it, anyways the point being that perhaps your three modules could be one, though I haven't a clue how you're implementing your three modules...

As to offering the lowest of *all* modules to be 0 and the others to be based off that, how do you plan to address in-store-pickup?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I would't.

The 3 separate modules is only necessary to achieve the visual representation of the data that I'm going for. I could do it with a single module, but then either I have to put gobs of programming into the template (templates SHOULD be for html, not php) or else I have to modify core files, which I'm trying to avoid. The 3-module concept is optional if someone else were using it. I was just expressing that it complicated things because I want the "cheapest is free" to carry through to all 3 modules. NOT to other 3rd party modules as well, of which I do not use. Frankly, I can't see any scenario where they would apply in this case. As I said, the module is specific to a particular distribution service. So store pickup wouldn't be offered since the goods aren't at the "store" and it is highly unlikely that any distribution service would welcome client customers coming in (in fact, part of the documents I sign is an agreement that I won't reveal their address to anyone). Similarly, things like "UPS" or "USPS" or whatever are rendered moot as they are incorporated into this module, at least as offered by the service. If the service doesn't offer it, there's no point giving the option to a customer.

When I briefly went away from ZC and tried Prestashop there was one feature they did really well... multiple warehouses. I can define "my basement" as one and "Chinese warehouse" as another and "Amazon" as another... keep track of inventory at all and offer shipping from any one, each with its own shipping calculations as necessary. Now *THAT* is "complicated".

Plugin Contributions

This is getting fun again :)

I decided to get a little more detailed with the "estimated delivery date" data. The service's IPN outputs a standard number of days for each service (eg: 8-20). I didn't think that was very useful, so I've now got it so my module takes each end of that range and adjusts it for weekends as well as holidays at both the source and destination country. Of course its not perfect since there's a lot more that can impact delivery dates and, for example, accounting for a source holiday after the package has already left the source country is nonsense (but its "err on the side of caution" nonsense at least)... but in the end I now have a semi-meaningful "should arrive between Nov 12th and Nov 19th" output.

Maybe there's already something out there like that, but I hadn't seen it.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have exactly the same problem with the Cost and Description being wrong. The problem described as being solved, but there really was no clear description of how it was solved. I need to get this fixed ASAP for a client.

Thanks,
    Bryan Kowalchuk

Plugin Contributions

It is very unlikely that you have "exactly the same problem" that I was having. What, exactly, are you trying to do? Post your code. It has been well over a year since I looked at any of this. Yes, I resolved my issue... no, I don't remember how (or frankly, what the issue was).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    It is very unlikely that you have "exactly the same problem" that I was having. What, exactly, are you trying to do? Post your code. It has been well over a year since I looked at any of this. Yes, I resolved my issue... no, I don't remember how (or frankly, what the issue was).
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I wrote a shipping module that returns several quotes. It all works well. When moving off to the next page, the session variables for ($_SESSION['shipping']) contains the correct user selected shipping method ID, but the Cost and Description are always from the first shipping method in the array, regardless of what the user has selected.

You had mentioned in the post about some behaviour around the "$method" variable begin passed into the routine, but no details on what it does or how to fix the problem.

Thanks again for your help,
    Bryan Kowalchuk

Plugin Contributions

I would have to take a closer look. I don't recall off hand. If you give me the code you have, it would probably help me spot the problem more quickly. Post or PM. I think I'll have time tomorrow or maybe tonight.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    I would have to take a closer look. I don't recall off hand. If you give me the code you have, it would probably help me spot the problem more quickly. Post or PM. I think I'll have time tomorrow or maybe tonight.
    Thanks a ton. Below is the code (messy with debugs etc., an work in progress)
    I believe I just need to understand the logic behind the $method variable and how to implement it

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package shippingMethod
     * @copyright Copyright 2016 BILSI Inc
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: Author: Bryan Kowalchuk
     */
    /**
     * bilsi
     */
    class bilsi extends base {
      /**
       * $code determines the internal 'code' name used to designate "this" payment module
       * @var string
       */
      var $code;
      /**
       * $title is the displayed name for this payment method
       * @var string
       */
      var $title;
      /**
       * $description is a soft name for this payment method
       * @var string
       */
      var $description;
      /**
       * module's icon
       * @var string
       */
      var $icon;
      /**
       * $enabled determines whether this module shows or not... during checkout.
       * @var boolean
       */
      var $enabled;
      /**
         * Constructor
       * @return BILSI
       */
      function __construct() {
        global $order, $db;

$this->code = 'bilsi';

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TEXT_TITLE;
        $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
        $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_SORT_ORDER;
        $this->icon = '';
        $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TAX_CLASS;
        $this->tax_basis = MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TAX_BASIS;

$shippingmarkup = 1.4;

/*
        // disable only when entire cart is free shipping
        if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) {
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
        }

if ($this->enabled) {
          // check MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_HANDLING_METHOD is in
          $check_query = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_HANDLING_METHOD'");
          if ($check_query->EOF) {
            $db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Handling Per Order or Per Box', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_HANDLING_METHOD', 'Order', 'Do you want to charge Handling Fee Per Order or Per Box?', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Order\', \'Box\'), ', now())");
          }
        }
    */
        $this->enabled = true;

/*
        if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_ZONE > 0) ) {
          $check_flag = false;
          $check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . "
                                 where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_ZONE . "'
                                 and zone_country_id = '" . (int)$order->delivery['country']['id'] . "'
                                 order by zone_id");
          while (!$check->EOF) {
            if ($check->fields['zone_id'] < 1) {
              $check_flag = true;
              break;
            } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
              $check_flag = true;
              break;
            }
            $check->MoveNext();
          }

if ($check_flag == false) {
            $this->enabled = false;
          }
        }
    */    
      }
      /**
       * Obtain quote from shipping system/calculations
       * @param string $method
       * @return array
       */
      function quote($method = '') {
        global $order, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

$total_weight_units = $shipping_weight;

// customer details      
        $street_address = $order->delivery['street_address'];
        $street_address2 = $order->delivery['suburb'];
        $city = $order->delivery['city'];
        $state = zen_get_zone_code($order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id'], '');
       // if ($state == "QC") $state = "PQ";
        $postcode = str_replace(array(' ', '-'), '', $order->delivery['postcode']);
        if(isset($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'])) {
          $country_id = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
        }
        else {
         $country_id = $this->country_iso($order->delivery['country']);
        }  

if ($method != '')
        {
          $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code , 'module' => 'BILSI Shipping');
          $methods = array('id' => $_SESSION['shipping']->id , 'title' => 'Method: '.$method , 'cost' => 100000);
          return $quotes;
        } 

/*
        $webxmlrequest = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ShipmentRateRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <User_Name>test</User_Name>
      <Password>test</Password>
      <Client_Id>test</Client_Id>
      <Receiver>
        <City>'.$city.'</City>
        <State_Province>'.$state.'</State_Province>
        <Postal_Zip_Code>'.$postcode.'</Postal_Zip_Code>
        <Country>'.$country_id.'</Country>
      </Receiver>
      <Sender>
        <SenderId>0</SenderId>
        <City>MISSISSAUGA</City>
        <State_Province>ON</State_Province>
        <Postal_Zip_Code>L5L5Y5</Postal_Zip_Code>
        <Country>CA</Country>
      </Sender>
      <Shipment_Info>
        <Wo_Type>SMP</Wo_Type>
        <No_Packages>1</No_Packages>
        <No_OverWeight_Packages>0</No_OverWeight_Packages>
        <No_Ltl_Skids>0</No_Ltl_Skids>
        <Total_Weight>'.$shipping_weight.'</Total_Weight>
        <Total_Dim_Weight>0</Total_Dim_Weight>
      </Shipment_Info>
      <SignatureRequired>false</SignatureRequired>
      <IsResidential>false</IsResidential>
      <DeclaredValue>0</DeclaredValue>
    </ShipmentRateRequest>';
    */

//Object for use later in postback to Bilsi
    $orderRequest['request'] = array( 'User_Name'=>'test',
                                    'Password'=>'test',
                                    'Client_Id'=>'test',
                                    'Po_Number'=> '0',
                                    'Appointment_Required'=> 'No',
                                    'Appointment_Notes'=>'',
                                    'Consignee_Info' => array( 'Consignee_Id'=> 0,
                                                              'Name'=>$_SESSION['customer_first_name'].' '.$_SESSION['customer_last_name'],
                                                              'Address_1'=>$street_address,
                                                              'Address_2'=>$street_address2,
                                                              'City'=>$city,
                                                              'State_Province'=>$state,
                                                              'Postal_Zip_Code'=>$postcode,
                                                              'Country'=>$country_id,
                                                              'Phone'=>'',
                                                              'Email'=>$_SESSION['customer_email_address'],
                                                              'ValidateAddressFlag'=>0),
                                    'Shipment_Info' => array( 'Wo_Type'=>'SMP',
                                                              'No_Packages'=> $shipping_num_boxes,
                                                              'No_OverWeight_Packages'=>0,
                                                              'No_Ltl_Skids'=> 0,
                                                              'Total_Weight'=> $shipping_weight,
                                                              'Total_Dim_Weight'=> 0),
                                    'GenerateShippingLabel'=>0,
                                    'ShipFromAddressId'=>0,
                                    'ServiceType'=>101,
                                    'SignatureRequired'=>0,
                                    'IsResidential'=>'true',
                                    'DeclaredValue'=>0,
                                    'ReferenceNumber'=>0);

//Add all the product info
    /*
    -<s:sequence>
    <s:element name="ProductNumber" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="AlternateReference" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="Description" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="GeneralDescription" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="UnitPrice" type="s:float" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="Weight" type="s:float" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="Length" type="s:float" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="Height" type="s:float" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="Width" type="s:float" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="HSCode" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="CountryOfOrigin" type="s:string" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>
    <s:element name="CurrencyId" type="s:int" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="SystemOfUnitsId" type="s:int" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="ClientEnterHSCode" type="s:boolean" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="NAFTAApplied" type="s:boolean" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="Quantity" type="s:int" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
    </s:sequence>

Product
        [0] => Array
            (
                [id] => 15
                [category] => 14
                [name] => Frantic Linked
                [model] => DVD-FRAN
                [image] => dvd/frantic.gif
                [price] => 35.0000
                [quantity] => 1
                [weight] => 7
                [final_price] => 35
                [onetime_charges] => 0
                [tax_class_id] => 1
                [attributes] => 
                [attributes_values] => 
                [products_priced_by_attribute] => 0
                [product_is_free] => 0
                [products_discount_type] => 0
                [products_discount_type_from] => 0
                [products_virtual] => 0
                [product_is_always_free_shipping] => 0
            )

*/

$products = $_SESSION['cart']->get_products();

foreach($products as $product)
    {
     //   echo 'Product: '.$product['id'];  
      $nextproduct['ProductNumber'] = $product['id'];
      $nextproduct['Description'] = $product['name'];
      $nextproduct['UnitPrice'] = $product['price'];
      $nextproduct['Weight'] = $product['weight'];
      $nextproduct['Length'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['Height'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['Width'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['CurrencyId'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['SystemOfUnitsId'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['ClientEnterHSCode'] = 0;
      $nextproduct['NAFTAApplied']=0;
      $nextproduct['Quantity']=$product['quantity'];
      $nextproduct['CountryOfOrigin']='CN';
      $nextproduct['HSCode'] = '9999999999';
      $orderRequest['request']['Shipment_Info']['Products'][] = $nextproduct;  
    }

$webrequest['request'] = array( 'User_Name'=>'test',
                                                'Password'=>'test',
                                                'Client_Id'=>'test',
                                                'Receiver' => array('City'=>$city,
                                                                    'State_Province'=>$state,
                                                                    'Postal_Zip_Code'=>$postcode,
                                                                    'Country'=>$country_id),
                                                'Sender' => array('SenderId'=>'0',
                                                                   'City'=>'MISSISSAUGA',
                                                                   'State_Province'=>'ON',
                                                                   'Postal_Zip_Code'=>'L5L5Y5',
                                                                   'Country'=>'CA'),
                                                'Shipment_Info' => array('Wo_Type'=>'SMP',
                                                                          'No_Packages'=> $shipping_num_boxes,
                                                                          'No_OverWeight_Packages'=>0,
                                                                          'No_Ltl_Skids'=> 0,
                                                                          'Total_Weight'=> $shipping_weight,
                                                                          'Total_Dim_Weight'=> 0),
                                                'SignatureRequired'=>'false',
                                                'IsResidential'=>'true',
                                                'DeclaredValue'=>0);

$url = 'http://www.bilsi.com/Freight/Services/ShipmentRateService.asmx?WSDL';
      $params = array('trace' => 1, 'soap_version'   => SOAP_1_2, 'compression' => SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT | SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP, 'encoding'=>'UTF-8', 'trace' => 1, 'exceptions' => true, 'cache_wsdl' => WSDL_CACHE_NONE, 'features' => SOAP_SINGLE_ELEMENT_ARRAYS);
      $client = new SoapClient($url, $params);

try{
        $result = $client->GetRate($webrequest);
      }
      catch (Exception $e)
      {
         $message = 'Error in processing transaction.<br /><br />'; 
         $message .= $response->Notifications->Severity;
         $message .= ': '.$e->getMessage();           
         $message .= $response->Notifications->Message . '<br />';
         $quotes = array('module' => $this->title,
                                  'error'  => $message);
        echo 'Caught exception: ',  $e->getMessage();
        return $quotes; 
      }

//echo '<!-- Request: ';
    //print_r($webrequest['request']);

echo '<!--  Shipping: ';
    print_r($_SESSION['shipping']);

echo '-- Method';
    echo $method;

echo '<!-- Result: ';
        print_r($result);

/*
        $ratecount = count($result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate);

//Add the markup
        //$shiprate = $shiprate * $shippingmarkup;
        $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                              'module' => 'BILSI Shipping',
                              'methods' => array(array('id' => 'Air101',
                                                       'title' => $result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate[0]->ServiceDescription,
                                                       'cost' => $result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate[0]->Total_Charge),
                                                       array('id' => 'Ground102',
                                                       'title' => $result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate[1]->ServiceDescription,
                                                       'cost' => $result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate[1]->Total_Charge)));

echo '-- Quotes: ';
    print_r( $this->quotes);
    */

$shiprates = $result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate;

if (is_array($shiprates) && sizeof($shiprates) > 0)
        {
          $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code , 'module' => 'BILSI Shipping');
          $methods = array();

for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($shiprates); $i ++)
          {
         //   list ($type, $cost) = each($shiprates[$i]);
       //     $type = html_entity_decode($type);
         //   if ($this->cp_online_handling == true)
         //   {
         //     if ($method == '' || $method == $type)
         //     {
         //       $methods[] = array('id' => $type , 'title' => $type , 'cost' => $cost + $this->handling_cp);
          //    }
         //   } else
          //  {
          //    if ($method == '' || $method == $type)

$methods[$i] = array('id' => $shiprates[$i]->ServiceType , 'title' =>$shiprates[$i]->ServiceDescription , 'cost' => $shiprates[$i]->Total_Charge + $i);

}
          }
      //    if ($this->tax_class > 0)
       //   {
       //     $this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
       //   }

$this->quotes['methods'] = $methods;

echo '-- Quotes: ';
    print_r( $this->quotes);

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
          $this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
        }

if (zen_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = zen_image($this->icon, $this->title);

//    echo '<!-- Quotes: ';
    //    echo 'Products: ';
    //    print_r($products);
    //    echo 'Order: ';
     //   print_r($order);
     //   echo 'Request: ';
      //  print_r($_SESSION);S
      //  print_r($orderRequest);
        //print_r($this->quotes);
        //print_r($_SESSION['shipping']);
       // print_r($rateobj);
        echo '-- Bilsi Shipping Object -- ';
       //print_r($result->GetRateResult->ShipmentRates->ShipmentRate[0]->Total_Charge);
       //print_r($orderRequest);

echo ' -- Shipping Rate: '.$shiprate;
     //   print_r($result);
        echo ' -->';

//Create a session variable that can be retrived on the final order page
        $_SESSION['Bilsi_shipping'] = $orderRequest;
        return $this->quotes;
      }
      /**
       * Check to see whether module is installed
       * @return boolean
       */
      function check() {
       /*
        global $db;
        if (!isset($this->_check)) {
          $check_query = $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_STATUS'");
          $this->_check = $check_query->RecordCount();
        }*/
        return true;
      }
      /**
       * Install the shipping module and its configuration settings
       */
      function install() {
        global $db;
      }
      /**
       * Remove the module and all its settings
       */
      function remove() {
        global $db;
      }
      /**
       * Internal list of configuration keys used for configuration of the module
       * @return array
       */
      function keys() {
        return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_HANDLING', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_HANDLING_METHOD', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_TAX_BASIS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BILSI_SORT_ORDER');
      }
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Hope you realize that everyone who has subscribed to this thread now has your username and password for this module...

Those values should be stored in the database using a constant that is set in the modules->shipping area for your module. That would be further helped by actually having code in the install section of this plugin.

That said, and I didn't look through "everything" just enough to possibly target the issue of returning/using the fact that $method is provided/not blank.

In your if statement of the quote function:
    Code:
    if ($method != '') {
    You assign $this->quotes to something, but then return $quotes without setting $quotes to anything. The return should be $this->quotes and at least the data set above within the if statement will be provided back.

It otherwise looks like there is a lot to be done with the module to have it at full operation. For example, the module is always active, even if free shipping for the entire order is an option. There is no formal install, everyone will have the same username/password combination, the price markup is a constant (not modifiable in the admin), etc... just a few things noted as you begin/continue your way to getting the shipping module you want, desire, and/or need...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

He did say it was a work in progress :)

MC#s is right, change $quotes to $this->quotes and you may be back in business

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast