Plugin Contributions

Default A "space" appears in Customer record when inserting the State/County in "other" box

I will try to explain this

Create an account - Login page

In 1.5.4.

I have these settings (in customer details):

State true
    State - Always display as pulldown? true

Set up - now if the zone files DO NOT contain a STATE for the Country that they pick the form displays an "OTHER" box to be filled in with the State "Type a choice below" it says

This is the HTML created

Code:
    <input type="text" name="state" value="&nbsp;" size = "33" maxlength = "32" id="state" />
    As you can see that &nbsp; is the issue! So if you fill in that extra field when it get inserted into the database an extra space at the start of the State appears

Whilst not a big issue it is when tying with a sage accounting package as it cannot recognise the State as it starts with a space!

So trying to find where this extra space is coming from (not sure if my set up or a bug)

In looking at includes/templates/my template/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php but I cannot see where the "other" box appears - it seems to be looking at the code in the JS files as I can see this

Code:
      } else {
        theForm.zone_id.options[0] = new Option("Type a choice below ...", "");
        showStateField(theForm);
      }
    but I still cannot see where its actually creating the form field

Any ideas of where else I can look ?? Its tough hunting for a space but its throwing out the sage system so NOT finding it is not an option at present

I have looked in the modules/pages/create_account files and not spotting any spaces!

Can some one tell me where that "other" form field is actually created - as I can see the extra space on the website before I type something in! Just not where the HTML code is to create it!

Thank you
    Sarah

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A "space" appears in Customer record when inserting the State/County in "other" b

Lot's of bouncing balls to follow... The Text of the 'Type a Choice Below ...' is presented through the includes/functions/functions_general.php file by the constant TYPE_BELOW in the functions zen_prepare_country_zones_pull_down and zen_js_zone_list.

The specific javascript you see is created in the later function.

The showstatefield javascript function is found in includes/modules/pages/create_account/jscript_addr_pulldowns.php and simply presents what the data is that is fed to it.

The fact that the space exists upon initial display indicates that dealing with a "preparation" cycle and not necessarily a "verification" cycle, although the space(s) could be trimmed upon submission if the source can not be found...

Unfortunately I need to stop at this point, but perhaps this offers a little assistance...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A "space" appears in Customer record when inserting the State/County in "other" b

Thank you - and yes I too found all of those details but I need to find where it actually creates the HTML Form field as I believe that is where that pesky space appears - and I am really not sure of where that function or code part is! Any help with that appreciated :)