Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping just won't work

Hi All,

I need some help with a free shipping coupon. I've used them in the past on v1.3.9 with no problem but I've upgraded to 1.5.4 and added a couple new mods. Now nothing I do seems to work.

I want to set up a coupon to allow free shipping at checkout for wholesale customers that pay when invoiced. This will give them an item total in the shopping cart and I will manually add the actual shipping charges to the invoice when I send it to them. The default shipping for all orders (wholesale or retail) is $3.99 flat rate.

I went into Coupon Admin and created a coupon called 'invoice'. I set Coupon Amount and Coupon Minimum order to zero, checked the Free Shipping box, and left the Uses per Coupon and Uses per Customer blank. There are no restrictions on the coupon. I tried leaving the restrictions blank, allowing Top, and restricting Top and allowing all products individually. None of these work. When I try to use the coupon, I get the yellow message "You must spend at least $0.00 to redeem this coupon" regardless of the value of the items in the cart.

A few other things which may be relevant:

- The Free Shipping (freeshipper) module is installed.
    - I recently put my products into categories but I'm not entirely comfortable with how those work yet. The correct products appear on the store page, so I think they're set up correctly.
    - I have the Better Together mod installed. I read through the readme file and the web page and don't see any reference to the mod disabling shipping coupons, so I don't think that's it.
    - I searched the forums and saw a few posts about installing ot_coupon in Admin->Modules->Order Total. When I go to that page, there are no modules listed.

Can anyone suggest a solution or where I should start looking?
    Last edited by JeffLC; 4 Nov 2015 at 02:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping just won't work

ot_coupon in Admin->Modules->Order Total. When I go to that page, there are no modules listed.
    How did you upgrade?
    The modules should be present and if not there is something wrong with your install
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I had That Software Guy (Scott) do the upgrade so I'm pretty sure it was done correctly. I've made limited changes since then (invoice mod, better together mod), but if something is messed up, I probably did it.

In case it's relevant, one thing I forgot to mention in my original post is I recently upgraded my hosting plan. I downloaded my entire site and database from the old location then uploaded it to the new location. Except for a glitch with access to the new sql database (user error), it went fairly smooth.

I looked in my backup file sets from before and after the hosting move and have the following files in both includes/modules/order_total and includes/languages/english/modules/order_total folders:

ot_better_together
    ot_cod_fee
    ot_coupon
    ot_group_pricing
    ot_gv
    ot_loworderfee
    ot_quantity_discount
    ot_shipping
    ot_subtotal
    ot_tax
    ot_taxcloud_coupon
    ot_taxcloud_exemption
    ot_total

I checked the file permissions for these and they are all 0644.

Plugin Contributions

Check the files for byte size
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I found the problem with the modules not showing up in Admin -> Modules -> Order Total. In the Better Together mod, there is a file called ot_better_together.php When I installed the mod, I left a backup file in the two order_total folders called ot_better_together-orig.php. Long story short, once I deleted that file, the order total modules appeared. The modules are installed / not installed as listed below.

ot_cod_fee - Not installed
    ot_group_pricing - Not installed
    ot_gv - Not installed
    ot_loworderfee - Not installed
    ot_quantity_discount - Not installed

ot_better_together - Installed
    ot_coupon - Installed
    ot_shipping - Installed
    ot_subtotal - Installed
    ot_tax - Installed
    ot_taxcloud_coupon - Installed
    ot_taxcloud_exemption - Installed
    ot_total - Installed

I tried several combinations of modules and restrictions and can't get the free shipping coupon to work like I want. I can create a coupon for the value of the flat-rate shipping cost ($3.99) and make the total come out the same as if shipping is free, but I don't think it is how the Free Shipping coupon is supposed to work. Shouldn't a Free Shipping coupon show a zero value for shipping costs instead of $3.99 for shipping and then a $3.99 coupon?

Plugin Contributions

Shouldn't a Free Shipping coupon show a zero value for shipping costs instead of $3.99 for shipping and then a $3.99 coupon?
    That is what a coupon is supposed to do
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Oh, OK. Then it looks like everything is working correctly now. I'm glad to have that off my back.

Thanks for the help.