Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 install page blank

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    I will try that on a local dev box, albeit on Ubuntu but not CentOS, as soon as I have some spare time.
    thnx no hurry

Plugin Contributions

Clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.14, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64).

Clean install of Zen Cart 1.3.9h ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.3.29, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64).

Upgrade of Zen Cart 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.14, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64). Method used: How to rebuild my site on the new version of Zen Cart.

Upgrade of Zen Cart 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Debian 8, Apache 2.4.10, PHP 5.6.14 (FPM), and MariaDB 10.0.22 (all x64). Method used: How to rebuild my site on the new version of Zen Cart.

So at least in my test environments Zen Cart and MariaDB are playing well together. If you find some time and want to dig further... Can you enable full debug for PHP, Zen Cart, and LiteSpeed (or OpenLiteSpeed) and see what (if anything) is generated... I'd be interested in hearing the root cause of the issues you were experiencing if they can be tracked down...

NOTE 1: Used mysqlnd for database connections. DEMO data was used during testing. Stock installations of Zen Cart were used with NO modifications except for applying bugfixes from the Zen Cart official "known issues and workarounds" threads.

NOTE 2: It has been almost two years since the last time I looked at LiteSpeed (for a client). I seem to remember in the past LiteSpeed (and OpenLiteSpeed) requiring conversion of some Apache directives to LiteSpeed equivalents... Especially dealing with directives in .htaccess files.
    Last edited by lhungil; 8 Nov 2015 at 06:24 AM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Clean install of Zen Cart 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.14, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64).

Clean install of Zen Cart 1.3.9h ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.3.29, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64).

Upgrade of Zen Cart 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Windows 10, Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.14, and MariaDB 10.0.17 (all x64). Method used: How to rebuild my site on the new version of Zen Cart.

Upgrade of Zen Cart 1.3.9h to 1.5.4 ran successfully for me under Debian 8, Apache 2.4.10, PHP 5.6.14 (FPM), and MariaDB 10.0.22 (all x64). Method used: How to rebuild my site on the new version of Zen Cart.

So at least in my test environments Zen Cart and MariaDB are playing well together. If you find some time and want to dig further... Can you enable full debug for PHP, Zen Cart, and LiteSpeed (or OpenLiteSpeed) and see what (if anything) is generated... I'd be interested in hearing the root cause of the issues you were experiencing if they can be tracked down...

NOTE 1: Used mysqlnd for database connections. DEMO data was used during testing. Stock installations of Zen Cart were used with NO modifications except for applying bugfixes from the Zen Cart official "known issues and workarounds" threads.

NOTE 2: It has been almost two years since the last time I looked at LiteSpeed (for a client). I seem to remember in the past LiteSpeed (and OpenLiteSpeed) requiring conversion of some Apache directives to LiteSpeed equivalents... Especially dealing with directives in .htaccess files.
    i wish i had the time
    and was able (i have a severe bone issue that causes extreme pain and wrking on this the past 3 days...and having to finish it tomoro has really done me in) however
    1 thing i can do... i'm sure i have a spare domain im not using
    i can let you try a test site on my server \
    im just in way too much pain to do the extra work
    (i'm looking at a bone colapse in the near future if i dont gt a serius surgery)

theres no way to privae message contact info here is there?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234