Plugin Contributions

Default Any suggestions for an Add to Cart color? Or a general button color?

Any suggestions for an Add to Cart color? Or a general button color? Here's my site (its a test site right now, so I don't wanna do link as it's under development):

http://www (DOT) oldworldarchery (DOT) com/DEVELOPMENT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_160_105&products_id=13

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any suggestions for an Add to Cart color? Or a general button color?

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyknots View Post
    Any suggestions for an Add to Cart color?
    My preference is for white on white.

OK, so it does make it a bit difficult for the customers to buy stuff from us, but it sure does keep the workload down. :-)

Cheers
    RodG

ps. I have a feeling that I'm probably not quite understanding the question?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any suggestions for an Add to Cart color? Or a general button color?

I'd do the Add to Cart in bright orange.

Plugin Contributions

Your site is looking good!

If it was me, I would try a green (like #175224), bright orange as suggested above (like #F87431) or a red (like ##C11B17 ).

Cheers
    Kerrin

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions! I will give green, bright orange, and red a try. Right now I think it looks good, but it doesn't standout, which I know a call to action is supposed to do. When trying to figure out what color to make it, I looked at a bunch of big companies websites like best buy, walmart, etc, and their call to actions could be seen by a one eyed drunk clinically blind mole, lol.

Plugin Contributions

Amazon did extensive research into this and after a LOT of testing, made the add-to-cart buttons yellow. This proved to be the colour that psychologically "encouraged" shoppers to add to cart. Yellow with blue text also works well - PayPal uses it - again, their testing showed it to encourage the highest responses. Green is too "passive" and red is a definite NO - as it suggests "caution" or "danger".

Website colours are also vitally important, with good tone compatibility being essential. Blues work well - and dark (royal and navy) suggest a corporate sophistication. Browns and greens are too "earthy" and some people see these as "dirty" colours. Bright colours can clash, and be distracting - especially where there are calls-to-action (such as Add To Cart, or Checkout).

On our main site, for a long time, we had cream-ish coloured buttons with a soft grey text for call-to-action events. We changed our corporate colours to deep blues and yellows, and our call to action buttons are now deep blues, with yellow text. We noticed an increase in responses to call to action functions, including add-to-cart and checkout.

The more "corporate" a site looks, the more comfortable people feel when using it. Don't go for colours YOU like... use button colours that have proven to be good at getting people to click them.
    20 years a Zencart User