Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Amount charged to credit card doesn't match cart total

I am on ZC 1.5.4 using the Better Together 2.5.1 mod and the built-in ZC Authorize.net (AIM) payment module.

I have a Better Together deal defined so if a customer purchases item A, they receive a $1.00 discount off as many of item B as they want to purchase. Recently, a customer purchased item A and 10 of item B which should have given a total discount of 10x$1.00=$10.00. The appropriate discount was reflected in the shopping cart and on the completed order in ZC, but the amount charged to the customer's credit card did not reflect the discount. My order total modules are shown below. What could be causing this error?

Name:  Zen cart order total modules, 11-12-15.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  44.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amount charged to credit card doesn't match cart total

I have not checked but the "better together" plugins are for ZenCart v1.3.9

Have you checked the files that it affects to see if there is some updating needed?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I am using the latest version of the Better Together plugin, v2.5.1. According to the plugin page it works with ZC v1.3.9 and v1.5.0 to v1.5.3. I'm on ZC v1.5.4, but I would be surprised if the differences between 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 would cause the problem. I didn't use the mod on when I was on ZC v1.3.9, so there won't be any issues with having old Better Together code that wasn't updated when I updated ZC.

Plugin Contributions

Might be best to post this in the support thread for that mod
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Support-Thread
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

OK, I will move over there. I wasn't sure it was an issue with Better Together which is why I didn't post there originally.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLC View Post
    OK, I will move over there. I wasn't sure it was an issue with Better Together which is why I didn't post there originally.

Thanks.
    Test for that would be to either purchase the same original product (with better together removed or disabled) or purchase anything else and see that the results are those desired.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm back over on this thread again. It appears the issue is not isolated to Better Together discounts.

I posted in the Better Together support forum but swguy said he'd never encountered an issue between BT and Authorize.net (AIM). Also, during some testing, I discovered the ZC order total also doesn't match the amount charged to the credit card for some other coupons I have defined even if I just used the basic ZC functionality. For example, I created a coupon a couple years ago for free shipping (by just checking the 'free shipping' box on the coupon page) and it works fine, i.e. the order total and amount charged to the credit card match. On the other hand, there is another coupon I created to give a $3.95 discount off the order total and it doesn't work, i.e. the order total and amount charged to the credit card don't match.

There is nothing in the debug logs about an error being encountered during checkout and the AIM_Debug file shows the incorrect amount being charged. I haven't been able to find a pattern for when the amount charged to the credit card doesn't reflect the discount. Where should I start looking?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLC View Post
    I'm back over on this thread again. It appears the issue is not isolated to Better Together discounts.

I posted in the Better Together support forum but swguy said he'd never encountered an issue between BT and Authorize.net (AIM). Also, during some testing, I discovered the ZC order total also doesn't match the amount charged to the credit card for some other coupons I have defined even if I just used the basic ZC functionality. For example, I created a coupon a couple years ago for free shipping (by just checking the 'free shipping' box on the coupon page) and it works fine, i.e. the order total and amount charged to the credit card match. On the other hand, there is another coupon I created to give a $3.95 discount off the order total and it doesn't work, i.e. the order total and amount charged to the credit card don't match.

There is nothing in the debug logs about an error being encountered during checkout and the AIM_Debug file shows the incorrect amount being charged. I haven't been able to find a pattern for when the amount charged to the credit card doesn't reflect the discount. Where should I start looking?
    Is your site a fresh 1.5.4 install or has it been progressively upgraded from previous ZC version(s)?

Plugin Contributions

If you disable taxcloud, does anything change?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

My ZC was upgraded from v1.3.9 (original install in 2011) to v1.5.4 a few months ago by swguy, so I'm confident it was done correctly.

RixStix - I believe you are on to something. I turned off Taxcloud and both the Better Together deal and the $3.95 discount coupon I mentioned in my earlier post worked correctly (order total and credit card charge match). When I turned Taxcloud back on and processed the exact same transactions, I had the discrepancy between the ZC order total and the amount charged to the credit card.

Now that it appears the source of the problem has been found, is there a simple fix?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast