Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Responsive Sheffield Blue change menu links

I know there is a support thread but I saw a question like mine on there and the response was look at the readme.html file which I did and it doesn't give me all the info I need. I'm hoping someone would've come across what to do.
    I am feeling frustrated I have been trying to figure this out all day.

Does anyone know how to change the links in the menu for this?
    They are not in admin>tools> ez pages. (that I saw)
    I looked at the support thread here: http://www.picaflor-azul.com/demos/i...ue_readme.html
    This is what it says below.

Header Menu: About Us

In your favorite plain text editor open the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php and find this:

/*bof about us definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_ABOUT_US','About Us');
    define('TITLE_ABOUT_US','Welcome to our Store!');
    define('TEXT_ABOUT_US','Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam interdum feugiat ipsum vehicula sollicitudin. Integer sed lacus eget risus consectetur ullamcorper. Pellentesque rutrum ullamcorper faucibus. Nam porttitor iaculis enim, mattis tristique velit tristique bibendum. Aliquam porta nisl tortor, non luctus justo. Nam tincidunt dui vel mauris tincidunt posuere. Phasellus rhoncus elit et lorem sodales ullamcorper.');
    define(ABOUT_US_IMAGE,'aboutus.png');
    Change the text and image to your information.
    ################################################################################ ###########
    I did the above and it does change the link text. However where do we change the link itself? (the page where it goes to).
    And..where it says define('HEADER_TITLE_ABOUT_US','About Us'); should we change that to our own like what I've done below?
    Because I added the below code to the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php
    and it didn't do a thing. Is there a step I am missing? Should I be adding this elsewhere?

/*bof sell gold definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_SELL_GOLD','Sell Gold');
    define('TITLE_SELL_GOLD','We buy gold here!');
    define('TEXT_SELL_GOLD','Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer sed lacus eget risus consectetur ullamcorper.');

I thought I might have to put the link into tpl_header.php but I can't see where to do that if that's what I have to do...
    I also want to get rid of Brands drop down list (sell an item on my page).
    Any help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Sheffield Blue change menu links

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_zaz View Post
    I know there is a support thread but I saw a question like mine on there and the response was look at the readme.html file which I did and it doesn't give me all the info I need. I'm hoping someone would've come across what to do.
    I am feeling frustrated I have been trying to figure this out all day.

Does anyone know how to change the links in the menu for this?
    They are not in admin>tools> ez pages. (that I saw)
    I looked at the support thread here: http://www.picaflor-azul.com/demos/i...ue_readme.html
    This is what it says below.

Header Menu: About Us

In your favorite plain text editor open the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php and find this:

/*bof about us definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_ABOUT_US','About Us');
    define('TITLE_ABOUT_US','Welcome to our Store!');
    define('TEXT_ABOUT_US','Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam interdum feugiat ipsum vehicula sollicitudin. Integer sed lacus eget risus consectetur ullamcorper. Pellentesque rutrum ullamcorper faucibus. Nam porttitor iaculis enim, mattis tristique velit tristique bibendum. Aliquam porta nisl tortor, non luctus justo. Nam tincidunt dui vel mauris tincidunt posuere. Phasellus rhoncus elit et lorem sodales ullamcorper.');
    define(ABOUT_US_IMAGE,'aboutus.png');
    Change the text and image to your information.
    ################################################################################ ###########
    I did the above and it does change the link text. However where do we change the link itself? (the page where it goes to).
    And..where it says define('HEADER_TITLE_ABOUT_US','About Us'); should we change that to our own like what I've done below?
    Because I added the below code to the includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php
    and it didn't do a thing. Is there a step I am missing? Should I be adding this elsewhere?

/*bof sell gold definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_SELL_GOLD','Sell Gold');
    define('TITLE_SELL_GOLD','We buy gold here!');
    define('TEXT_SELL_GOLD','Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer sed lacus eget risus consectetur ullamcorper.');

I thought I might have to put the link into tpl_header.php but I can't see where to do that if that's what I have to do...
    I also want to get rid of Brands drop down list (sell an item on my page).
    Any help appreciated.
    I already answered your question on the support thread ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

For anyone who is following here is a link to that thread.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....48#post1297248

Thanks Anne

Plugin Contributions

Sorry wrong thread