Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Checkout not transferring billing address

Hello

I'm not sure if this is working as intended or not, or if there is some way to over-ride it.

When customers make a purchase they can specify a delivery address and a billing address as part of the transaction handled by Zen Cart. However, when they transfer to PayPal to pay for their order, the billing address is not transferred over, which is a bit annoying for the customer as they have to type it all over again.

I notice that the URL for the PayPal payment page ends ...useraction=commit#/checkout/guest

Is there some setting I can change so that the billing address specified by the customer on the Zen Cart part of the transaction is transferred across to PayPal?

Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout not transferring billing address - Zen Cart 1.5.4

It should not be "guest"
    Do you have any addons installed??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout not transferring billing address - Zen Cart 1.5.4

Thanks for your reply.

I have a template installed but it also does the 'guest' thing with the Default template.

I have also installed 'Stock by Attributes' but other than that it's a pretty clean install.

Plugin Contributions

I have a template installed but it also does the 'guest' thing with the Default template.
    As this is the express module - are you logged in as a customer?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi - yes, this happens when logged in to the account with Zen Cart.

I am testing the site whilst logged in to the site, but not logged in to PayPal (because if I logged in to PayPal it would know my address)

I assumed it should pre-fill the address fields in PayPal with the address given in ZenCart. However, I've been searching and have found this thread (which is about v 1.3.8.a, admittedly) which suggests this is (or was) normal behaviour.

Incidentally, the thread linked to above suggests it may be an issue arising from changing the data collection forms after registering. I have modified the data collection (I've removed fields that I don't need) and I can't remember when I created my 'test' account in relation to this, so I've just created a new 'test' account and can confirm that it still doesn't transfer the address. I have also re-uploaded /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php and switched the default template to no effect.

I notice though that the missing fields on registration (was there a 'fax number' one - I can't remember!) are still not there, and I can't remember which file I changed to remove them. Could this be the issue, assuming the module is not working as intended?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout not transferring billing address

I can't remember which file I changed to remove them. Could this be the issue
    OI would install a clean cart with no alterations
    I suspect that you will not see this then you can use a file comparator to see what fille(s) are different
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout not transferring billing address

Not all things are file related... There is still a database out there that "affects" program flow. Not sure what fields are "still" missing, but between configuration->minimum and customer details, those two may have an affect on what is seen during account creation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...