Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Locations - QTY Field Location

Hello,

I've searched and researched until blue in the face over the past few weeks, to find one snippet of code.

I need to figure out where exactly in the code is pulled the values for products_quantity.

Here's the issue:

I have two stores and I've been trying to modify my installation like I've done so many times in the past. In this case, I created another entry in the table zen_products - in this case products_quantity_marketplace

I've created the entry, I've modified the admin side to allow for input of numbers into the database so I know that store 1 has xx qty (indicated in products_quantity) and store 2 has xx qty (indicated in products_quantity_marketplace).

Now, the problem is, I need the website to pull up the correct qty dependent on which store a user is looking at.

I've searched everywhere and the closest I can find is from this module: tpl_modules_products_all_listing

I've looked in here assuming this is the module that writes all the html for the main pages. My customers would search the website, and if at the sub-domain for store #2, it would show those items in-stock for that store. If searching store #1, the www sub-domain, it shows the items in-stock for that store.

If anyone can offer any insight as to where the system pulls the qty out to display if it's in-stock or not, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need to have this done in time for our black Friday sale.

Many thanks in advance!

Jake

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Locations - QTY Field Location

Never mind, answered a different question.

Plugin Contributions

jake,
    adding a new inventory bucket, as one might imagine, offers a plethora of opportunities for complications.

in the sites i have done, i never show the inventory levels to the customer, so i'm a bit unclear as to your specific question.

that said, i think you will need to dig deeper than just the template level. includes/classes/order.php is where stock looks to get decremented. so you will need some modification there.

while not specifically familiar with the differences in V139; there may be multiple places where a customer can add to the cart. each one of the places would also need to get modified. for the template file you listed above, the sql statement that pulls out the inventory quantity i believe is located here:

includes/modules/pages/products_all/main_template_vars.php

you probably want to look here as well:

includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php

for the product info page.

hope that gives you a few places to look around and start poking. you will need to add your new field to the sql statements that reference products_quantity (from the TABLE_PRODUCTS), and then based on your sub-domain logic, show/use one field or the other.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

A lot of the "lookup" functions are found in includes/functions/functions_lookup.php. There are also applicable functions in the same folder with filename functions_general.php or just general.php.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...